Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Proposed New Slug Line Locations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Staffordboro line?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Staffordboro line?
    Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 7:05am
Does anyone know about the sign posted on the bus shelter closest to the DC line at Mine Rd? The sign on the shelter tells drivers that if there is no one in line they can go to the "east side of the bus shelter" at the Staffordboro lot to pick up riders to L'Enfant or Ft. McNair. I'm not sure if it was posted Friday or over the weekend as it was there at 5 am on Monday. Given the increasing number of van pools at Mine Rd. this could be an option for those people who have trouble finding parking at Mine Rd.
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 6:20am
Eao, this is a new emerging line!! In fact, I just updated the website with some information. More to follow!!
eao View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 8:22am
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Eao, this is a new emerging line!! In fact, I just updated the website with some information. More to follow!!

As to this. I was just looking on the 610 page. You might want to remove the note about going to the Mine rd. lot if Staffordboro is full. I don't know if you monitored all the forums but there was a thread about the difficulty parking at Mine Rd. after 6:30 am. It seems despite the county's original intention for the 630 lot and the increased space at Staffordboro, the Mine Rd. lot has become a haven for van pools since the construction began on the other lot. I counted 28 parked one morning at 5 am so if you aren't there before 6:30 you don't get a space, which given the fact that this is the only place people can get a ride to and from DC the van pools parking there isn't right. This might also be the reason for the desire to start a line at Staffordboro. There is concern about what will happen to parking as the weather warms and the fair weather slugs return.
SlugStar View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 1:48pm
There was a thread about this but it got deleted when the site was corrupted. I don't object to starting a new DC line at 610, I just think the easiest thing to do would be to try to get some of the van pools to move back to 610 or to 630. Not all would have to move just the ones that go to places other than DC. Any suggestions as to how we could do this?
eao View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 2:03pm
There was a thread and let them do it as I said it would give those shut out of Mine Rd. after 6:30 am a place to go perhaps. However I think moving the van pools will be like herding cats. No one really has jurisdiction over them except the individual companies and as long as the driver/riders aren't bring inconvenienced in any way - they aren't going to voluntarily move.
cpavlakos View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpavlakos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 11:39am
I think getting a 14th/L'Enfant line going at the Staffordboro lot is a very good idea. I usually pick up and the Mine Rd lot if you get there after 7 you will have to wait 15-20 minutes for riders because there is a line of cars and riders come trickling in from parking far away.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic