Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Official Slug-Lines Social Media

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpavlakos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official Slug-Lines Social Media
    Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 11:41am
Hi, just a proposal:

We all know this is the "official" slug lines website and forum, but it appears a vast majority of people are not reading here to get updates and share ideas.

Is there an "official" slug lines twitter and facebook page? If not, I think there should be and it should be linked back and forth with this website.
natsslugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natsslugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 3:04pm
I agree. It would be beneficial if we could develop hashtags as well for the various stops. I'd love to be able to login to Twitter and see how long a slug line is. And I would post updates as well. Now if only we could find someone who has the time to spearhead this...
lebiram View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lebiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 3:39pm
I'm semi-new to slugging, had done it once or twice years back but just started consistently doing it this year due to my move to Stafford. I had a thought to develop an app similar to waze or uber to get a quick slug/driver ratio to help you make a decision on what location would be best both as driver or rider.

Problem is I don't know programming, I did take a class years ago in college and pick things up semi-quickly and learning on my own is a something I've been interested in. It would take some time though. If there's anyone with a developing/programming background that would be interested in working on this together, or if this is even a good idea, do get in touch!
ThomasWar View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasWar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 11:28am
I agree there should be a Facebook page or twitter. I was thinking a more modern approach such as a Reddit sub. The forum and website doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic.

quote:
Originally posted by cpavlakos

Hi, just a proposal:

We all know this is the "official" slug lines website and forum, but it appears a vast majority of people are not reading here to get updates and share ideas.

Is there an "official" slug lines twitter and facebook page? If not, I think there should be and it should be linked back and forth with this website.

aklymchuk View Drop Down
Advanced Slug
Advanced Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aklymchuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 1:59pm
Hi lebiram,
I am interested in the same. Let's get in touch on this.
You can reach me at aklymchuk@gmail.com (202)6709070
Andriy
quote:
Originally posted by lebiram

I'm semi-new to slugging, had done it once or twice years back but just started consistently doing it this year due to my move to Stafford. I had a thought to develop an app similar to waze or uber to get a quick slug/driver ratio to help you make a decision on what location would be best both as driver or rider.

Problem is I don't know programming, I did take a class years ago in college and pick things up semi-quickly and learning on my own is a something I've been interested in. It would take some time though. If there's anyone with a developing/programming background that would be interested in working on this together, or if this is even a good idea, do get in touch!

Andriy
KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 7:46am
Apparently Three Heads Studio Developed one. Problem solved.

KeithO
ThreeHeadsStudios View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeHeadsStudios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 5:23pm
Hello Slugging Community!

My name is Sharon McDonald and I am a partner with Three Heads Studios and a fellow slug. As KeithO aptly pointed out, we do in fact have an existing Facebook page as well as a forum, EZ-Lounge, that slugs are more than welcome to post on. Additionally, we do have a twitter page and we would be more than happy to announce any pertinent information regarding slugging.

EZ-RIDER Slugging Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/EZ-RIDER/638246932962768

EZ-RIDER Slugging Forum:
http://threeheadsstudios.com/ez-lounge/

EZ-RIDER Twitter Page:
https://twitter.com/EZRIDERMOBILE

If you have any questions, I can be reached at smcdonald@threeheadsstudios.com.

Have a good day and safe commuting!

- Sharon McDonald
izaocasio View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote izaocasio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 11:42pm
We have changed the location to the front of Stafford for safety reasons. We have just started a facebook account and have been emailing each other of times of arrival. We are looking for multiple ways to become more established.

9th & D Streets in front of the GSA building.

Facebook account: dumfries Lenfant

Email: lenfant2dumfries@yahoo.com

gow
mamropati View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamropati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 4:57pm
I'm at l'enfant plaza trying to get back to 234 can anyone message me and let me know if you are coming this way
mseboni View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mseboni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 5:26pm
I'm in search of slugs on weekends from Horner Road/Potomac Mills into DC. Downloaded app but it is of no use til others join.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic