Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I think I failed today....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I think I failed today....
    Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 1:10pm
So as I was pulling to pick up slugs at Rolling Valley this morning, I notice the left rear tire on black Hyundai in front of me is a "donut" (the small spare tire in the trunk). I can't comprehend why the guy is picking people up when his car shouldn't reach freeway speed with the dinky tire on it.

I feel like I should say something to the slugs, but he is going the same place I am and is ahead of me. I am afraid of the conflict if I say something. But his car isn't safe for a 65-70 mph drive into the city...

But I chickened out, I didn't say anything, I didn't protect those slugs, and I feel bad about it. I needed to point it out to the slugs and I am sorry slug world. This is a shared system and we need to watch out for each other, and today I failed. I am sorry.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 8:43am
If I see the habitual red light runner pull up, I warn the slugs. Most don't care, some do.
mpatoka View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpatoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 9:17am
One night a car pulled up to go to Stafford and it was obvious that one of the tires on the passenger side was already half-deflated. We pointed it out but the two slugs that got in the car obviously didn't care. Apparently they made it, I didn't see them on the side of the road changing a flat that night.
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 2:36pm
The speed limit on donuts is also to protect the differential. This is irrelevant since the donut was on the rear of a Hyundai; Hyundais are typically Front Wheel Drive.

On smooth road with proper inflation pressure, a donut can sustain speeds higher than the labeled 50 MPH.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 8:27am
quote:
Originally posted by Pele

The speed limit on donuts is also to protect the differential. This is irrelevant since the donut was on the rear of a Hyundai; Hyundais are typically Front Wheel Drive.

On smooth road with proper inflation pressure, a donut can sustain speeds higher than the labeled 50 MPH.

Two things that will never happen.....

1). Smooth road

2). Proper inflation pressure
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic