Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rosslyn line for Springfield/Burke

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rosslyn line for Springfield/Burke
    Posted: 27 Mar 2002 at 10:50am
I would like to start a slugline in Rosslyn for those people traveling to Springfield/Rolling Valley in the afternoon. Is anyone interested? Perhaps we could use the same pick-up location as the Stafford/Tackett Mill sluggers. If there is interest, I'll check with Arlington County.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2002 at 5:54am
Shelly,
Great idea! Thus far, the Rosslyn line has not expanded into the Springfield area. The Springfield/Burke sluggers who currently take the metro to the Pentagon for rides home, would probably support this.

If you want to get this started allow plenty of time to spread the word and start talking to other Springfield slugs/drivers to gage interest. If you want to pursue this, let me know and I will help.

Shelly View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2002 at 10:34am
Hey thanks for the response. I do want to start this however, I'm going on leave for 3 months in the next week and will not be around to solicit. I will pursue when I return and will post another note on the bulletin board at that time and hopefully solicit your help.

Thanks again!

quote:

Shelly,
Great idea! Thus far, the Rosslyn line has not expanded into the Springfield area. The Springfield/Burke sluggers who currently take the metro to the Pentagon for rides home, would probably support this.

If you want to get this started allow plenty of time to spread the word and start talking to other Springfield slugs/drivers to gage interest. If you want to pursue this, let me know and I will help.

Millwooder View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millwooder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2002 at 11:03am
My fiance works in Rosslyn and currently slugs from Cardinal Plaza (one step closer than Rolling Valley) to the Pentagon. She would love a line from Rosslyn to West Springfield (both AM and PM).

Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2002 at 9:45am
Once Shelly returns maybe we can collective get a third line started for Rosslyn!

hilkertj View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hilkertj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2002 at 9:56am
Did this die on the vine? I'd support this slug line in the PM. I'm a driver who lives in the Springfield/Lorton area. I would be hopeful that folks who commute to the Sydenstricker lot would also be part of a Rosslyn slug line effort.

quote:

I would like to start a slugline in Rosslyn for those people traveling to Springfield/Rolling Valley in the afternoon. Is anyone interested? Perhaps we could use the same pick-up location as the Stafford/Tackett Mill sluggers. If there is interest, I'll check with Arlington County.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

hilkertj View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hilkertj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2002 at 10:06am
Chris,

I just read your post. I'd be interested in speaking with you regarding the Sydenstricker lot. My colleague and I are currently going to the Pentagon to get Sydenstricker slugs. I work in the Rosslyn metro building and would love to pick up slugs from the Rosslyn slug line. If you'd like to coordinate, please give me a call to discuss times you and your colleagues get off work. Perhaps we could set some precedence for Sydenstricker slugs in the Rosslyn area.

John
Work: 703-558-2250
hilkertj@ael.org

gsamsonva View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsamsonva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2002 at 4:01pm
Shelly's idea is great. I'd like to ride the Rosslyn-Rolling Valley slug. I know of a few folks in my building who would also support this route. I'll pass the word that there is interest in forming this slugline. Look forward to seeing it come.

If she needs help, e-mail me at .

gs
marhankb View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marhankb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2002 at 8:53am
I would like to pick up and drop off at either Cardinal Plaza or Sydenstricker. Right now I pick up at Circuit City/Bob's in the morning and drop off between 20th and 23rd, N.W. to get over to Georgetown. In the afternoon I pick up at the Pentagon and take people just about anywhere in Springfield. A Rosslyn line would be wonderful. I drive through Rosslyn at around 5 pm most days. If anyone is looking for a ride, stand at the Stafford slug line and just hold up a sign in Red that says Springfield and I'll pull over. Email me between 3 and 4 (marhankb@georgetown.edu) if you want to confirm that I'll be there.
Beth

Beth Marhanka
Springfield to Georgetown or Rosslyn
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic