Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Proposed New Slug Line Locations
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Slug Line from Rt. 610 Stafford to Downtown DC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Slug Line from Rt. 610 Stafford to Downtown DC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mpatoka View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpatoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Slug Line from Rt. 610 Stafford to Downtown DC
    Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 6:14pm
VDOT did create a DC/Downtown line and signage at the 610 Staffordboro lot and it's by the bus loading area. Unfortunately they did a crappy job of advertising it, the signs are NOT visible to drivers coming into the lot and I have yet to see anyone using it, at least at 7am. I don't think anyone knows it's there as there are still L'Enfant drivers coming through the Pentagon/NOVA line.
KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 12:17pm
There is an active DC line @ Mine RD
Prettynblue22 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prettynblue22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 1:15pm
Is this line active yet?
mazdaboi View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mazdaboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 12:03pm
I agree, A new line from 610/Mine RD to DC would be excellent. I drive from 610 to JBAB every day... always willing to pick some riders up. Im flexible with my morning commute too.
Beth H View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beth H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 1:58pm
We need a slugline from 610 lot to DC!

I have just begun commuting out of Stafford. I have moved twice in the past two years so I rode Martz for a year from Fredericksburg and then road OmniRide out of Dumfries for nine months. OmniRide is by far a more reliable system. Martz is not as reliable and more crowded. Slugging is a great option.

I believe there are people who drive to Dumfries or other lots to slug because parking doesn't fill as fast and the DC line is robust.

How can we advertise a new line better to people? Is there a listserv for other lots that we can email? Can we post signs at 610, Mine Rd, and other lots?

This morning I rode the FRED bus from the 610 lot to Mine Rd. lot (for $1) and slugged from there. That is an option but sure would make sense to have a slug line at 610.
eao View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 10:36am
Well there are two sides to this. It would certainly make things easier at Mine Rd. Ever since the Staffordboro lot work was done there has been an increased number of van pools leaving from Mine Rd.. I counted 28 parked there one morning at 4:30 am. I know finding parking after 6 am for anyone heading downtown (and right now Mine Rd is the ONLY option for downtown) this has become a major issue. Of course the best solution would be to have those van pools move back to Staffordboro but as no one monitors the commuter lots I know that isn't possible. I will be changing jobs in January and my start time will be later and I know I'm going to have to use the Staffordboro lot because I stand a better chance for finding parking at 6 am.

The other side to this is that at least first thing in the morning it takes a while to get rides downtown there don't seem to be a lot of drivers. Even though it forces me to ride Metro I recently switched to going in and out of the Pentagon because I can often get rides faster that way. The wait in the morning can be 30 minutes or more at Mine Rd.and the afternoons from L'Enfant I had to wait a minimum of 30 minutes and often closer to an hour for a ride to Mine Rd. whereas the Horner Rd. line moves quickly at L'Enfant.
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 6:17am
With the increase in slugging generated from the I95 Express Lanes, fellow slugs have suggested starting a separate line for the DC commuters. The proposed new line would be adjacent to the new bus shelter at the North end of the 610 lot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic