Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bobs Pickup Line parking lot lights ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bobs Pickup Line parking lot lights ?
    Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 8:49am
Can somebody inform Fairfax County that that the parking lot lights at "Bobs" (off keene mill rd) are OFF and not working . At 615 this morning it was pitch black. very hard to see people. very dangerous
ropoll View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 12:01pm
This is so frustrating as I have called numerous times to numerous people who are very adept at passing the buck on this lot.
VDOT says it is a FX Co. DOT lot. The phone for FX DOT is (703) 877-5600. Feel free to call and rant as I have.
ropoll View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 2:02pm
I heard back from Joan Clark (Lee District DOT) who still couldn't answer the question of when the lights would be back on. However, she did mention that they had been fielding numerous calls about it. Take a bow, my squeaky wheel friends. [:D]
billybaru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 3:10pm
just called them. she sounded annoyed. keep calling them LOL
ropoll View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 10:37am
I just sent an email to Franconia Police Dept. and asked for increased evening patrols through the lot until the situation is resolved.
My title: If You See Something, Say Something - Problem is We Can't See Anything.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 8:30am
Must be something wrong with the lights themselves. They had portable lights running off of generators last night.
billybaru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 10:26am
They were on this AM. A small victory
ropoll View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 11:30am
Ha! So maybe one of the last "annoying calls" to FXDOT was from FX Police. Whatever - I'm just happy to have the lot lit up again.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 6:55am
Kudos on getting the lights on. Your next mission, should you choose to accept, is to get that white van to move from in front of the shelter. The last few times I've picked up at Bob's (before 6AM) it's been sitting there waiting for passengers (making the exit a bit more difficult).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic