Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pentagon Slug Lines Being Relocated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trbilbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2003 at 12:55pm
It is not an argument or a logical assertion. I am just pointing out the irony. It is ironic that the first sluggers are now last in line. That is irony, okay. It's not an argument. I am not asking that the Springfield Burke folks get preferential treatment. Read the posts.

Obviously, the folks who benifited from this change are going be happy with it. Those of us who did not are not going just take it without trying do something about it. Like a said, they just shifted the problem. You're better off but the change has messed up a lot of others.
jerryclapham View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerryclapham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2003 at 8:08am
I guess trbilbro has some pull at the Pentagon. Effective 11/23/03 the lines are being flipped around.

Jerry
Gomez View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gomez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2003 at 9:08am
quote:
Originally posted by jerryclapham
[br]I guess trbilbro has some pull at the Pentagon. Effective 11/23/03 the lines are being flipped around.

Jerry

Huh? So what's the new sequence of slug pick-up points at the Pentagon? Is Springfield/Burke now the first stop you get to rather than the farthest?

Color me cynical, but I don't see how that will help, as you're still trying to push the same number of cars through the same size "pipe", if you will. The Potomac Mills/Horner back-up will just shift further back, but you still have to get around it to get through the whole line, and as long as cars hang out in the far left lane without getting out of the way for thru-traffic, then all cars will still be trapped, BEFORE picking up their slugs rather than AFTER, but it will all be a wash.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic