Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where have all the Potomac Mills slugs gone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2003 at 3:58pm
I didn't know that. Thanks for the info Tlschau.
jjmahoney View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjmahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2003 at 11:16am
My biggest problem with the Horner lot is just it's location. It's great for dropping people off on the way home. I can jump right back on 95 and zip to the Dale City exit within a minute or two (I live right off 95). But getting to the lot in the mornings is a pain. Dale Blvd. to PW Parkway on 95N is a joke. That can take 20 minutes or more some days. The best way I found this morning was Dale Blvd. to Smoketown to PWP. But that still adds 5-10 minutes just to get to the lot.

Ah well, I'm just nitpicking. It could be worse.

"My therapist says you're always making withdrawls from my Self-Esteem account to fill your Ego Balloon!" Gabe - Penny-Arcade.com
JiggaJynx View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2003 at 2:24pm
quote:
Originally posted by jjmahoney
[br]My biggest problem with the Horner lot is just it's location.... But getting to the lot in the mornings is a pain.... The best way I found this morning was Dale Blvd. to Smoketown to PWP. But that still adds 5-10 minutes just to get to the lot.

JJMahoney,
I assume you use Gideon to go from Dale Blvd to Smoketown/Opitz. You could also try turning right from Gideon onto Opitz, then left on Telegraph to PWP. I think there are fewer lights, though they may be longer lights, so your way could be just as fast. [:)]
jjmahoney View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjmahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2003 at 11:56am
quote:
Originally posted by JiggaJynx
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by jjmahoney
[br]My biggest problem with the Horner lot is just it's location.... But getting to the lot in the mornings is a pain.... The best way I found this morning was Dale Blvd. to Smoketown to PWP. But that still adds 5-10 minutes just to get to the lot.

JJMahoney,
I assume you use Gideon to go from Dale Blvd to Smoketown/Opitz. You could also try turning right from Gideon onto Opitz, then left on Telegraph to PWP. I think there are fewer lights, though they may be longer lights, so your way could be just as fast. [:)]

Yeah, I tried that the first time. The light at Telegraph and the PWP was backed up really bad (took about 10-15 minutes to get through it). The other way seemed faster. But today there was zero traffic, so I didn't even need slugs. :)

"My therapist says you're always making withdrawls from my Self-Esteem account to fill your Ego Balloon!" Gabe - Penny-Arcade.com
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2003 at 2:50pm
They really screwed up that light when it was changed just a while back. Before, it was very difficult if you wanted to turn left, but now it's worse than ever no matter which way you're going from Telegraph.
cdatkins View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdatkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2003 at 3:29pm
I usually come to Horner via Route 1 and Opitz, and I have found that turning left off of Telegraph just past Toys R Us, then going down by IKEA and turning left at the old Incredible Universe, is much faster than going all the way to Prince William on Telegraph.
savannahr1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savannahr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2003 at 1:43pm
I despise parking at Horner and have parked at Potomac for years. Too this day Horner Road has too many vandalism problems. But I do park there from time to time and it is a time saver for sure. But Potomac Mills is only another 5 minutes away so I prefer to park there. I've been very successful getting rides up until 8:15.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic