Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where have all the Potomac Mills slugs gone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjmahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where have all the Potomac Mills slugs gone?
    Posted: 30 Sep 2003 at 1:24pm
I'm probably spoiling the secret here, but I recently found out from a coworker that the new lot at Horner Rd. has been packed recently. I suppose most people that used to park at Potomac Mills got sick of all the Horner Rd. cars and decided to just go to Horner Rd. to get a ride. Now if I go to Horner Rd. at 7:45am or 8am, there is a huge line of people (and cars) for 18th/14th, but the line moves pretty fast and I'm on the road within 5 minutes. Whereas Potomac Mills I can wait for 30 minutes at the same time and not get a single slug (18th or 14th). Just a little tidbit of info I thought I'd pass on (if it hasn't been passed on in another thread). It's eliminated a lot of frustration for me waiting at Potomac Mills just to end up going at it alone and spending 3 hours in the car.

"My therapist says you're always making withdrawls from my Self-Esteem account to fill your Ego Balloon!" Gabe - Penny-Arcade.com
wdossel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wdossel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2003 at 2:50pm
Well, believe you/me, the PM slugs are definitely in force in the evening at the Pentagon as I usually end up taking three to help pare down the line...

- Will
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2003 at 3:21pm
I've heard since almost a year ago that Potomac Mills is pretty much dead at 7:45AM. I much prefer it to Horner otherwise.
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2003 at 3:37pm
Yes. I have noticed that Horned Road gets packed pretty quick nowadays.
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2003 at 3:44pm
I almost forgot. About the huge line of cars/slugs between 7:45 to 8:00 it's not necessarily true. It depends of the day.
swichowski View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swichowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2003 at 4:09pm
Yeah since Sept. it has been a drivers heaven at Horner. I counted over 30 people in front of me the other day waiting for a ride but the line did go pretty quick. This was at 6:50-7:15
cdatkins View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdatkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2003 at 4:35pm
Why did everyone move from Potomac Mills to Horner Road so suddenly?

JiggaJynx View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2003 at 5:00pm
Packed is right! I usually get to Horner very early, but I had to go in after 9:00 today. There were 0 (zero) legal slots left, and I didn't want to risk a ticket, so I ended up driving to the half-empty Tacketts lot and will leave in a bit to catch a Lake Ridge bus down there.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2003 at 11:05am
I was going to Horner until a few weeks ago.. Sure there are lots of people in line, but the 10-15 minute wait to pick them up every day got to me. Plus the cars pulling up and stealing Rosslyn riders at a constant pace doesn't help things.

I haven't waited more than 5 minutes at Potomac Mills since then.
tlschau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2003 at 2:05pm
Another good option, especially if you are running late, could be the old hechingers lot. I know it's a little further away, but it is in the right direction and right off of I95. The line is usually active up until the last minute, as late as 8:45 or so.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic