Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bob's/American Legion Parking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SF_Commuter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bob's/American Legion Parking
    Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 7:59am
When the Bob's and American legion lots fill up, are there any additional areas around to park?

Thanks!
natsslugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natsslugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 11:13am
The Church on OKM next to American Legion has some spots but not many. I know people basically just park at Springfield Plaza in non-designated commuter spaces and wing it. I don't think it's much of a problem... **shhh***

Anyone know when the County will start construction on the new parking garage?

See more here:

http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/breaking_ground/2016/01/fairfax-county-advances-50m-plus-old-keene-mill.html
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natsslugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 11:15am
Here's an updated article on the garage. Supposed to open in 2020. Hopefully the project is running on-time:http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/breaking_ground/2016/07/cost-of-springfield-commuter-garage-tops-63m.html
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 5:23am
Natslugger, thanks for posting the link!
SF_Commuter View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SF_Commuter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 6:20pm
I winged it this week and parked in the non-commuter spots in Springfield Plaza, and they towed my car! So parking in these spots is definitely at your own risk. The other morning, I saw them putting Warning stickers in cars that were double parking in the commuter lots, so seems like they're starting to get stricter on parking.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 8:44am
How much to get your car back?
SF_Commuter View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SF_Commuter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 8:50am
$10 Lyft to Lorton, $135 towing fee.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natsslugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 3:58pm
quote:
Originally posted by SF_Commuter

I winged it this week and parked in the non-commuter spots in Springfield Plaza, and they towed my car! So parking in these spots is definitely at your own risk. The other morning, I saw them putting Warning stickers in cars that were double parking in the commuter lots, so seems like they're starting to get stricter on parking.

That's awful. Sorry for my bad guidance. I got a warning on my car last week, so they must be enforcing.
GregP View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:57am
Here's a list of lots, some of which are close to the current Bob's location to start potentially planning for the commuter lot construction.

http://www.slug-lines.com/Commuter_lots/Commuter_Parking_Fairfax.asp
GregP View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 12:27pm
This *may* be the most up-to-date info regarding the garage construction process via the fairfaxcounty.gov webste, as of April 20, 2017:

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/fcdot/springfieldgarage.htm

It might be a good idea to create a new thread specific to this project or continue with this older thread:
http://slug-lines.com/forum2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13378

Would anyone like to share their thoughts on this, please?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic