Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > The Mark Center
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNEW MARK CENTER SLUG LINE EMAIL LISTING

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW MARK CENTER SLUG LINE EMAIL LISTING
    Posted: 27 Feb 2002 at 1:31pm
Since our Slugger list is growing and to help simplify things, we now have a

MLA email listing - MarkCenterSluggers@whs.mil.

This list will serve as a communication tool for slugs that commute to and from the Mark Center.

How it works:
When you need Riders or a Ride reply to all individuals on this

email stating the following: Time and Where you are going.

If you receive the email and you would like to coordinate with the

person who sent the email Respond ONLY to that person, please make sure that

you coordinate a departure location and describe what each other looks like.

Most Importantly: To ensure the success of this program please tell everyone

you slug with about the list and either give them the MLA email listing (MarkCenterSluggers@whs.mil) or my information (Mr. Louis Blackshear - louis.blackshear@whs.mil) or take their information and

send it to me.

As always - Happy Commuting!

Click here to View Flyer

southbridgemom View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote southbridgemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 8:57pm
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Since our Slugger list is growing and to help simplify things, we now have a

MLA email listing - MarkCenterSluggers@whs.mil.

This list will serve as a communication tool for slugs that commute to and from the Mark Center.

How it works:
When you need Riders or a Ride reply to all individuals on this

email stating the following: Time and Where you are going.

If you receive the email and you would like to coordinate with the

person who sent the email Respond ONLY to that person, please make sure that

you coordinate a departure location and describe what each other looks like.

Most Importantly: To ensure the success of this program please tell everyone

you slug with about the list and either give them the MLA email listing (MarkCenterSluggers@whs.mil) or my information (Mr. Louis Blackshear - louis.blackshear@whs.mil) or take their information and

send it to me.

As always - Happy Commuting!

Click here to View Flyer

I joined this listing today. My husband (who works at the PNT) comes over on the 7M bus in the afternoon and gets to Mark Center approx 4:15-4:20 (depending on traffic). When he gets to the current "slug line" area, we leave.

We will be more than happy to take someone to Horner Rd, Tacketts Mill, or to the lot at 234 and Rt 1 in Dumfries. We look forward to contributing to the success of a slug line program at the Mark Center!
Wen Huang View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wen Huang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 10:11am
lost wedding ring on 10/28/2011 7th and D street after noon

wen-yuan huang
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 8:50am
I just sent an email request to the Mark Center email distro.

Currently, I usually ride in to Rosslyn from Tacketts (or Horner if I leave earlier).

Around June, I expect to move to the Mark Center, so I plan to use this slug line at that time.

I can also drive on days that drivers are needed.

Thanks,
Shahed
Mjdarcy97 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mjdarcy97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 8:13am
I just signed up at M234Slugs@whs.mil

I've been slugging from 234 to Pentagon and back for about 8 years now, and then using a bus to get to the Mark Center. The new 7M bus has made that easier but would even be better to slug directly. Count me in.

Where are lines forming at Mark Center? Is there a line at 234 in the morning for Mark Center?
ksingletary View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksingletary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 4:29pm
New to site, I am looking for riders to MC, don't work there but my office is down the road and ride past everyday, I live off 234 (by Target/Shoppers off 234) my schedule is flexible, please contact me if interested. singletaryfamily1@hotmail.com

katia singletary
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 4:35pm
Has anybody heard if slug lines are firmly established at the Mark Center? I know there is an area designated but just have not heard if they are reliable yet.
ksingletary View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksingletary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 4:36pm

is this a different sign up other than: markcentersluggers@whs.mil?

quote:
Originally posted by Mjdarcy97

I just signed up at M234Slugs@whs.mil

I've been slugging from 234 to Pentagon and back for about 8 years now, and then using a bus to get to the Mark Center. The new 7M bus has made that easier but would even be better to slug directly. Count me in.

Where are lines forming at Mark Center? Is there a line at 234 in the morning for Mark Center?

katia singletary
ukiltmybrutha View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukiltmybrutha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 8:44am
Good question...some of us work right around there and when I emailed whs it was like pulling teeth even though I didn't work at the Mark Center....even though I had worked there in the past.

There needs to be a non-gov email address for this to eliminate the frustration and red tape.
coorslightfan44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coorslightfan44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 2:54pm
Not sure how long I should wait for a reply to the markcentersluggers@whs.mil so I figured I would post on here.

I am looking for slugging availability in the Dale City/Lake Ridge/Woodbridge area to and from Mark Center. Flexible on timing but would prefer to arrive at Mark Center before 8AM.

Please advise if there are any openings or where there are newly formed slug lines for Mark Center.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic