Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Braddock to Rosslyn (or Pentagon)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_n_Ffx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Braddock to Rosslyn (or Pentagon)
    Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 6:50am
Hello, new to slugging.

I live in Fairfax off Braddock near Sideburn and work in Rosslyn. Currently take bus to Pentagon and blue line to Rosslyn. It's getting expensive.   Looking for a ride to Rosslyn or a ride to the Pentagon, either one.

Pick ups on Braddock seem few and far between. What am I missing?

Thanks.
admin2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 6:47am
Unfortunately, this is not a very strong line. You may have to drive a little farther to a more robust line to the Pentagon. I use to work in Rosslyn and I would slug to the Pentagon and then metro to Rosslyn. In my case, my office was very close to the metro station so it worked great.
admin2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 6:50am
Tim,
I just updated the page for Braddock. Did I get it correct?? Here is the URL:

http://www.slug-lines.com/AM_Lines/Braddock_Road.asp
AmishTim View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmishTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 7:52pm
Following. I live at Ox and Zion. Work at Navy Yard. Looking to drive slugs in. Any good routes with high volume in am and pm?
Tle View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:59pm
Hi Tim - i also work at the yard and live in centreville.  where do you go to pick up slugs?
wavey82 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wavey82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 3:03pm
Did you find the ride to DC?  I live on Roberts rd, and work at navy yard too
Tle View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 3:06pm
yes, I found a rider. you are welcome to join us if interested.
rbhoward View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbhoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 8:30am
I saw your post. I live in Centreville and work at the Navy Yard too.  If you interested carpooling on Monday's or Wednesday's let me know. I live close to United Methodist Church.  I think Centreville needs to start an active Slug line either at the Centreville Library, United Methodist Church or even Stone RD P&R if need be. 

wavey82 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wavey82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by AmishTim AmishTim wrote:

Following. I live at Ox and Zion. Work at Navy Yard. Looking to drive slugs in. Any good routes with high volume in am and pm?

Did you find a ride or start the line?
wavey82 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wavey82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Tle Tle wrote:

yes, I found a rider. you are welcome to join us if interested.

where do you guys meet to ride to navy yard?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic