Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW Rosslyn->Springfield Slugline!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2003 at 8:40am
Good luck with your new line - I hope it's a big success! [8D]

Mike
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2003 at 6:27pm
An update - The new Rosslyn to Springfield PM Slug Line is working -- but it needs more drivers, especially between 4:00 and 4:45 PM. We have used it four times and got rides to the Sydenstricker lot each time -- but we had to wait about a half-hour the past two days (Friday and Monday). If Springfield drivers want to avoid the Pentagon afternoon traffic jam, try the Rosslyn PM slug line on Kent St. Try it, you'll like it! [:)]
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2003 at 3:35pm
I tried it last week, no wait, took two riders to Sydenstricker, home in record time. Next time I'll try riding. Keep it up everyone!
dbeadner View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbeadner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2003 at 8:35am
Rosslyn slug line seems to be an early one, have showed twice at 5:30 in the last week and no riders in sight.

DB
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2003 at 1:30pm
I think you're right about most slugs showing up for the afternoon Rosslyn to Springfield/Burke line earlier than 5:30PM. I usually get in line there between 4:10 to 4:45 -- and end up waiting up to 20 minutes for a Springfield/Burke driver to show up. My view is many Rosslyn slugs would appreciate more drivers around 4:30. But if you can't drive earlier, please keep checking for slugs there. Many of us are patient and will wait. Thank you. [:I]
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2003 at 4:06pm
Prime time for this line is between 4:15 and 5:00pm. That's when I have had best luck as a rider and driver. I have had a short wait both driving and riding. Not bad though and certainly much better than the Pentagon traffic mess. Keep it up everyone!
khalito View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khalito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2005 at 7:38pm
Hey what time do people line up to go to Rosslyn? I would like to pick up a few to go tomorrow. I need to be in Rosslyn at 8:30, so I wanted to leave stafford at 7:30. Do you know if people will be lined up at this time, and if so, which lot?

Kyle
jorgelisset View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jorgelisset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2005 at 2:57pm
Is this line still working?
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2005 at 12:02pm
It was working late last month when I was in Rosslyn for a 3-day meeting. I picked up 3 slugs for Rolling Valley Mall there on Kent Street near the corner of Wilson Blvd at about 4:50 PM. There were 3 other slugs in line there at the time.

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]

rosslyndriver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosslyndriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2006 at 7:03am
Are there still quite a few people at the North Kent Slug-line that go to Sydenstricker in the afternoon?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic