Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW Rosslyn->Springfield Slugline!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digithead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW Rosslyn->Springfield Slugline!!!
    Posted: 09 Oct 2003 at 8:08am
Okay, we're finally ready to go!!

Our first location choice is still being evaluated by Arlington County (they'd have to change the no-standing zone there), but we've decided that we don't want to wait anymore, so we've found an alternative spot: North Kent Street.

***Start date is Monday, October 20th.***

From the Metro, walk down Wilson Blvd (down the hill) and turn left at North Kent Street. The slug line will be about 100 feet ahead (to allow for a line of cars), starting at the speed limit sign. We'll put a poster there as well as at the Springfield/Burke lots. We'll put together a flyer and will post it here this weekend. Please print out a few copies and give them to fellow drivers/riders.

-=Digithead=-
Marcus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2003 at 1:55pm
Nice work, Digithead. I can't wait for this line to get going. I'll watch for the flyers.

This will be double-heaven for the Rosslyn slugs and drivers. They've really fubar-ed the Pentagon lines and the traffic the drivers have to navigate to get to the slugs.

Marcus
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2003 at 5:32am
Great work! This will really help those who had to metro over to the Pentagon each afternoon!

Download/View Rosslyn Flyer:
georgetown View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote georgetown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2003 at 12:41pm
quote:
Originally posted by digithead
[br]Okay, we're finally ready to go!!

Our first location choice is still being evaluated by Arlington County (they'd have to change the no-standing zone there), but we've decided that we don't want to wait anymore, so we've found an alternative spot: North Kent Street.

***Start date is Monday, October 20th.***

From the Metro, walk down Wilson Blvd (down the hill) and turn left at North Kent Street. The slug line will be about 100 feet ahead (to allow for a line of cars), starting at the speed limit sign. We'll put a poster there as well as at the Springfield/Burke lots. We'll put together a flyer and will post it here this weekend. Please print out a few copies and give them to fellow drivers/riders.

-=Digithead=-

georgetown View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote georgetown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2003 at 12:46pm
How do I get to the new slugline in Rosslyn from the key bridge?
digithead View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digithead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2003 at 2:07pm
I'm going from memory here, so please take with a grain of salt (I'll drive it myself in the next day or two to verify):

If you're driving, you go straight after the bridge onto Ft. Myer Drive. After 19th St, Ft. Meyer splits with the center two lanes going underneath Wilson Blvd, while the leftmost and rightmost lanes meet Wilson. Bear left and turn left onto Wilson. Cross N. Moore and N. Lynn streets. The next left is N. Kent. There is a traffic light with a left arrow. The slug line is 100 ft on the right side of the road (under the 25mph speed limit sign).

If you're walking (which a lot of people do in the summertime), follow the oncoming-traffic lane (the east side of the bridge). This puts you onto N. Lynn St. Turn left onto 19th St. Then bear right. This will dump you onto N. Kent St. The slug line will be about 150 yards on the left.

-=Digithead=-
Dash4va View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dash4va Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2003 at 9:43am
Digithead,
Are all the drop-off points between Old Keene Mill and Daventry? I leave Rosslyn at 4:30 and will definitely swing by to pick up riders.

Dash4va[:)]
digithead View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digithead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2003 at 12:20pm
We've left the destination up to participants. We expect that, like the Pentagon, there'll be call for all Springfield locations. According to the poll, I expect Rolling Valley and Sydenstriker will be the most popular.

-=Digithead=-
Sabrina Jeffries View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabrina Jeffries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2003 at 12:35pm
Has anyone mentioned that they will be heading to the Kingstowne or Franconia/Springfield Metro areas as a possible destination? If so, I'd definitely join in!

Thanks.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2003 at 9:59am
Congratulations on getting this new line up and running. I drive past it every day on my way to the other Rosslyn lines. I see it's just like normal.. A line of cars one day, a line of people the next!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic