Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

19th & F (to Bob's)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
natsslugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natsslugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 19th & F (to Bob's)
    Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 10:01am
Part of your issue may be that HOV restrictions don't take effect until 3:30 PM. So before then, drivers don't have any incentive to pick up slugs unless they want to save a little $ on the HOT lanes portion. I use this location to slug home closer to 5-6 and it is very popular. You may have better luck closer to 4 would be my guess. 
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 6:42am
Where the line forms depends on the time of day.  Since cars can park at the meters until 4, slugs getting to the line before then usually line up closer to corner of 19th and F.  Once cars start to vacate the metered spots, the line moves down to the 2nd or 3rd meter in order to give drivers a safe place to pull over.

Hope this helps.
billybaru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 11:25am
The pickup spot:  as heading south on 19th.  On the right side about 25 feet from the "F" Street intersection is the "line" to Bobs or rolling valley
TMCorum18 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMCorum18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 7:41am
Also, could someone let me know what is the actual spot for the slugline  here? Some say the meters and others say the dorm... (I try to stay in the middle to be safe haha)

If any drivers are looking for a slugger from 2:30-3:30pm off of 19th&F, please let me know.

Thank you.
~*Everything happens for a reason.*~
TMCorum18 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMCorum18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 7:25am
Hello Everyone,

I am a new slugger. I work near the Red Cross building and believe 19 & F is the closest (PM) slug line. I work from 6-230 and had a hard time trying to find a ride back (waited an hour and a half - nothing). Unfortunately I ended up having to get Lyft/Uber. 

That being said, I was wondering what is the best options for those of us in my area to get back to Bob's/Springfield area? I know of 14th & Constitution, I just want to know for convenience-sake if there is a better way of getting a way back home for Bob sluggers?

Thank you for any help on this. Smile
~*Everything happens for a reason.*~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic