Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reston to DC slug line

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sterlingslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2005 at 12:50pm
...and I was also in that Volvo.
merlin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2005 at 3:49pm
it was a nice volvo, wasn't it?

Merlin
Sterlingslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sterlingslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2005 at 3:57pm
As mentioned earlier, there are only a few regular drivers...
merlin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2005 at 9:26am
I only had to wait a short time this morning[8D] and it was pleasant ride with nice conversation and good tunes! Thank you, driver!

Merlin
merlin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2005 at 8:57am
Alright - I give up! I waited again this morning for 30 minutes. I have the opportunity to become a driver starting next month and I am taking it. So there will be at least one more driver (for a total of about 5) for the Herndon/Monroe P&R. [8D]

Also, I am going to swing by the 5a bus stop and pick up folks for the ride home. [:D]

Merlin
webbuzzard View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote webbuzzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2005 at 9:48am
Merlin:

There have been several of us who have tried to start a slug line at the Herndon/Monroe P&R. My excuse for quitting is that I formed a carpool, which has worked well for me.

If you want to start a formal slug-line, there are some instructions floating around on how to do it. The hardest part is to find the other end for the trip home. Seems like there are a lot of Rosslyn commuters and a lot of DC commuters. The DC commuters seem to be spread over the city, from Independence Avenue, Farragut, Union Station/Capitol Hill, Foggy Bottom, etc. You have to figure out the most popular (or in your case, where you work). Pick a stop that's most convenient to you and then get out there and promote it.

Pick a start date, tell people about it, and continue to promote it until it catches on. I found that this site has a limited audience, so you have to be clever. Slug-lines are a bit of a chicken and egg conundrum. Be patient and persistent, and it will work.
Sterlingslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sterlingslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2006 at 2:00pm
Herndon-Monroe to Rosslyn is still active, although some drivers have had the nerve to get local jobs. If you'd prefer to drive to work, please print a sign and come pick us up.
oms View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2007 at 4:45pm
I'm a driver who just today began picking up slugs at the Herndon/Monroe Park-and-Ride. I drive a black Honda Civic hatchback and will be getting there around 7:30 AM each day (when I'm not on business travel). I work downtown across from Federal Triangle.

See ya round!
monroeslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monroeslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2007 at 10:38pm
I'm driving into Clarendon every morning around 8am and pick up slugs at Herndon Monroe. I used to drive to Rosslyn and had a good following, thanks to Steve, Maria, and Scott for making my commute faster and providing good company. A few slugs balk at the ride to Clarendon because it isn't as close to the city, but I have heard it is actually faster for slugs going into the city because we avoid the backup getting off exit 73 on that little stretch of Rt 29.

Today was the first time I had to wait awhile for a slug and there were plenty of people getting on the 980 bus looking over. If you regularly ride the bus do yourself a favor and save $1 and some time and jump in. There were lots of slug drivers this morning and not enough riders.
bunnymasseuse View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunnymasseuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2007 at 7:32pm
This line still going? Many of these posts are so old. I'll be looking to slug to Rosslyn tomorrow around 730am, hope to find someone! Thanks so much!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic