Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoughts on Amway?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thoughts on Amway?
    Posted: 10 Oct 2003 at 7:50am
Ok, I was solicited yet again for Amway (or some other type of pyramid scheme) on my ride to work. No offense to people that sell Amway, but I believe that soliciting Amway products to slugs is not appropriate. I have been solicted on several occasions and can recognize the solicitation right away. Does anyone else agree that this is inappropriate?

RW
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2003 at 9:05am
Yes, completely inappropriate. Just as much of an invasion of your privacy as telemarketers calling your home, except worse because you can't hang up. You're trapped in a vehicle, forced to listen.

By the way-same goes for Mary Kay. I've been solicited for Mary Kay more times than I care to count. And that goes for Tupperware, Princess House, Avon, Pampered Chef, Longaberger baskets and whatever other markets there are out there that sell word of mouth.
VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2003 at 9:10am
RW - Your spot on! Not only is this inappropriate, but it's down right rude. [:0] It's one thing to ask to hear the speech, it's another to be forced to listen to it. Hopefully the driver, if it wasn't you, took charge of the situation and quelled it before tempers flared. [}:)] I know how it feels, and hope other slugs (and drivers), aren't put in a similar situation. [:D]
C. Lam View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Lam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2003 at 5:46pm
Good point n/a ... I once tried to start a trading scheme very similar to MLM (Multi Level Marketing). In this case the first person whould send two individuals each two sheep. They would keep the two sheep they received and send two other individuals two of thier sheep, etc. until the 6th level. People receiving sheep at the 6th level were suppose to send one of their sheep to the person listed in Level 1. Then they would remove that persons name from the level list and move everybody down one level adding thier name to the 5th level. Person 1 ( Level 1 ) was suppose to receive 32 sheep and only send 4 sheep. In reality Person 1 never got any sheep sent to her.

Those MLM schemes are almost like chain letters ... they very seldomly work.
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2003 at 7:10am
Geez...all these sheep....getting sleepy..........
GeeseAreGood View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeeseAreGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2003 at 12:17pm
I have to admit that I did try to sell some Geese to my fellow sluggers. I also raise goats! Naaaaahhhhhh!

quote:
Originally posted by C. Lam
[br]Good point n/a ... I once tried to start a trading scheme very similar to MLM (Multi Level Marketing). In this case the first person whould send two individuals each two sheep. They would keep the two sheep they received and send two other individuals two of thier sheep, etc. until the 6th level. People receiving sheep at the 6th level were suppose to send one of their sheep to the person listed in Level 1. Then they would remove that persons name from the level list and move everybody down one level adding thier name to the 5th level. Person 1 ( Level 1 ) was suppose to receive 32 sheep and only send 4 sheep. In reality Person 1 never got any sheep sent to her.

Those MLM schemes are almost like chain letters ... they very seldomly work.

C. Lam View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Lam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2003 at 11:19pm
About how big do your geese get ?
I'll bet they would make a nice Thaanksgiving Day dinner, no.
C. Lam View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Lam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2003 at 11:20pm
What's the going price for one of your geese ?
rufustfirefly View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rufustfirefly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2003 at 1:49pm
bout 3 fify
rufustfirefly View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rufustfirefly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2003 at 1:50pm
and amway scamway...............an old client is an amway distributor,nice guy,but hey turn off the constant pitch!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic