Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fredericksburg to 14th St.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcowell17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fredericksburg to 14th St.
    Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 3:19pm
Does anyone do this commute still? I currently live in Springfield and slug everyday. I will be moving to Fredericksburg in May/June and want to be proactive when it comes to figuring out my commute. Based on the site, I can catch a ride from Gordon Rd. lot to 14th street. Is that still accurate? I know the website info is outdated. 

Any help is appreciated. Thank you! 
KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 8:29am
I don't know if Gordon Rd is active for 14th St, But Mine Rd lot is active.
rcowell17 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcowell17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 1:57pm
The website says 208 lot is inactive so I was surprised by your response. Do you currently use mine rd. lot to get to 14th? If so, what times are working for you? Where and when do you catch a ride home?  My house will be off of 208 so this is perfect. 
KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 7:44am
I think you misunderstood. I said Mine Rd is active for 14th St (http://www.slug-lines.com/AM_Lines/Mine_Road.asp), not Gordon Rd.

I use Mine to go to the Pentagon so I can't really answer your other question, but I can see that line as being active. I've heard that most people in the afternoon metro back to the pentagon and pick up their rides home there.
rcowell17 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcowell17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 10:12am
Oh. I got it. I did misread your post. My apologies. 

Edited by rcowell17 - 30 Oct 2017 at 10:16am
eao View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 12:16pm
The only place to get a ride downtown in Mine Rd., I went out of there for 4 years.  It is the smallest of the commuter lots and has been invaded by vanpools in the last 2 years when they closed the 610 lot to do work.  When I last left from Mine Rd. in June there were over 20 vans parked in the lot at 4:30 am.  610 is much larger and should have the vans.  Because of this, if you aren't at the lot by 6:00 you generally will not be able to find a parking space.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic