Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Driver from Stafford - 19th & F Street

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jalopez101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Driver from Stafford - 19th & F Street
    Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 11:20am
Hello everyone,

I never heard of "slugging" until moving to the area from Houston TX a few months ago. Not a bad idea! 

In about a week I'll be driving from Stafford Rt 610 lot to 19th & F Street daily @ 6:15-6:30am and the reversal about 4-4:15pm. On return if no slugs at 19th & F I'll try my luck at 14th & Independence. Space for 3 and I'll be rocking a white 2015 Honda Odessy. Clean, safe, and definitely want folks to feel comfortable so feel free to ask me to adjust radio or ac/heat. I don't talk (of course) and usually prefer to have cspan radio on low for background noise but willing to adjust or turn off. No talk radio of any type.

Question: My parking garage is at 650 18 St NW, so is it weird to ask if people don't mind getting out one block over from 19th & F at the garage entrance on 18th between G/F? It's not a problem going up 18th and then back down 19th to drop off at 19 & F but it would probably burn more time in morning traffic verse just getting out at 650 18th St. and walking. Not sure on proper drop off etiquette in the AM. 

Departing in the evening isn't a problem, three lefts out of the garage and I'm at 19th & F ready to pick up slugs going to Stafford.

balmazan View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balmazan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 3:11pm
When you get to the slug line in the morning, you call out 18th and whatever street you are going to.  People in line know that you can't go to 19th Street anyway.  Welcome to the world of slugging!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic