Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Radio Etiquette

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sancochojoe View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sancochojoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2003 at 2:38pm
There was this "Jarhead" (Marine) who was listening
to a book on tape. It was some Military story. I thought
I was going to gag.
jjmahoney View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjmahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2003 at 1:51pm
I've recently realized that I would like to hear more music in the mornings on the radio, but all the stations I like have lame morning shows with one song every 45 minutes. And the whole morning show formula is so stale (even Don & Mike talked yesterday about how the "shock jock" shows are all the same old crap, which I agree with). So I just started listening to some WTOP for the first half of the ride, then a CD of my choice (of course, it's my car) for the other half. Nothing too heavy or loud, just something to get me in a good mood for the work day (and usually to get me through the traffic on Wash. Blvd. without losing my mind).

"If tricycles came with guns, we'd all be safe." Project 86 - "Little Green Men"
SKCRAB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKCRAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2003 at 1:40pm
When I drive, I tend to listen to a station that plays traffic reports regularly, because that is useful information. I would prefer to have my music, but just anything on the radio helps me enjoy the commute more. I do keep the volume down in the back and adjust the volume as the traffic noise level increases and decreases.

But when I ride, I have no expectation of what I will be listening to, as it is not my car. I figure whatever makes the driver less stressed in an often stressful commute is fine by me. Whether it is annoying music (completely subjective), a preacher (the worst!) or a book-on-tape (pretty bad) that I am privvy to only the 30-40 minutes I hear while in the car, I don't really care. I sort of figure that that can be my "stress", since I don't have to deal with defensive driving, traffic laws, or sitting in traffic and having to pay attention. If I ws overly concerned with my driver's music, I would then bring a CD player and listen with headphones quietly (so others in the car cannot hear it) as I see others do.
suchaladie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suchaladie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2003 at 12:31pm
It is your car as long, as the music is not loud or vulgar you should be entitled to list to what you like in a car your paying month payments on. Your giving a free ride you are not a chauffeur being paid by the hour to make everyone’s life comfortable at your expense. There is courtesy and then there is going too far. [:(!] This is just my opinion.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sancochojoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2003 at 6:42am
I'm waiting for someone NOT to turn on the radio. Everyone seems to think the radio has to be on, no matter what. How about just complete silence an the nice road noise.
Koolbus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koolbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2003 at 5:24pm
you ride in my Lexus, you get the experience. I like smooth R&B and I like it loud with the bass maxed. Try it some time. Gets you all nice for the journey to work.

Take a ride on the Kool Bus.
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2003 at 10:45am
I usually put on 104.1 in the morning. They have a morning drive show that is amusing and clean and every once in a while they play a song. I find it a comical alternative to the WTOP monotony.
mroyal View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2003 at 9:12am
Anything by rap. Oh, nevermind. Ya'll were talking about music.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sancochojoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2003 at 8:25am
When I was in the military and had to live in an Open Squad bay (barracks) I learned to tolerate and even enjoy all types of music.
So it is no problem for me listening to different stations in someone's car. Volumn is my only issue, for example, when I got into one car, the woman decided to crank up the gospel music much louder. I guess she felt I needed Jesus through song and the increased volumn would help.
Jah View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2003 at 11:55am
Don't be so sure.

quote:
Originally posted by sancochojoe
[br]I put on Latin music, then nobody will understand anything to complain about.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic