Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Radio Etiquette

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tall6969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Radio Etiquette
    Posted: 20 Oct 2003 at 7:15pm
Ok, I pick up at Potomac in the mornings going to 18th. What is the proper radio station to listen too Howard Stern? Smooth Jazz? NPR? The Donnie Simpson Morning Show? The Russ Parr Morning Show? The Sports junkies?

[?][?][?][?]
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2003 at 7:21pm
There is no "proper" radio station to listen to. Hopefully yours won't be too loud. I personally just turn it off, and don't miss it a bit, when I drive slugs.
Tall6969 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tall6969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2003 at 7:25pm
quote:
Originally posted by MDC
[br]There is no "proper" radio station to listen to. Hopefully yours won't be too loud. I personally just turn it off, and don't miss it a bit, when I drive slugs.

Wow, and you can stand all that uneasy, uncomfortable silence?
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2003 at 8:02am
You should pick a station that nobody likes so that everyone can be equally uncomfortable. Sorry, my child is not a teenager yet so I can't help you out with any suggestions about what specific stations those might be.

Mike
wdossel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wdossel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2003 at 9:18am
quote:
Originally posted by mycroftt
[br]You should pick a station that nobody likes so that everyone can be equally uncomfortable. Sorry, my child is not a teenager yet so I can't help you out with any suggestions about what specific stations those might be.

Mike

... I do, x 3 [;)], so try DC101 [xx(] My preference is WGMS.
-Will
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2003 at 9:01am
Pick whatever station you want. It is your car, when I slug I wear a headset and listen to what I want. My only point would be to keep the volume at a reasonable level. When I drive I usually put the sound in the front speakers only and listen to whatever station I feel like listening to.
jjmahoney View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjmahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2003 at 10:30am
I usually play a mix of WTOP (until I'm sick of it) and some relatively soft rock CDs that I have. I try not to play anything too heavy, and I don't have anything that is offensive. Some mornings I'm just in the mood to listen to a certain CD, so I do. But I always keep the volume mostly in the front speakers, and at a reasonable volume.

"If tricycles came with guns, we'd all be safe." Project 86 - "Little Green Men"
marcelhenryg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcelhenryg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2003 at 1:53pm
i listen to howard stern on my headphones so the driver can listen to whatever he/she feels like.
sancochojoe View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sancochojoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2003 at 3:20pm
I put on Latin music, then nobody will understand anything to complain about.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2003 at 10:04am
sanochojoe,
People have already complained about people speaking in languages other than English. I do like a lot of Latin Pop music, how about some Paulina Rubio cranked up on the trip to work? [:)]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic