Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manassas Mall Slug Line

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jschoenborn2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jschoenborn2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 7:01pm
Where does the Manassas line go? I'd be interested in starting one for L'Enfant or Navy Yard.
JOHANNA
valeriembrown View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valeriembrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 12:58pm
Thank you so much for the info. I do have a person who works with me who will often commute with me, but I am making contingency plans for the days when she cannot.

Happy Slugging!

Valerie
Valerie Brown
tcruzatcruzen View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcruzatcruzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by valeriembrown valeriembrown wrote:

Good Morning,

I might not have made it clear that I would like to be a driver. I pay for parking in DC, and it is more convenient for me to drive.

Let me ask a question, since I've never done this before, how do I identify passengers that are traveling my route?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your reply.
Well I am also a driver and pay for parking in DC.

What you are doing here is pretty much it as far as it goes to identify people interested in your route.
At least that is as far as I can gather from researching the commuting around DC and the DMV conundrum goes. I may be wrong of course.

I found an app that is web based called smart slug.
But they don't seem to have any lines for the route I and you take.
It would be nice if there were an app with riders and drivers kinda lyft or uber and smart slug seems to have some of that in it but still no cigar.

I hope you find people, but to slug form any location, what I know is that you get yourself a sign for the destination and display it in your car when you go to the meeting pickup location.
Anyone interested just gets in your car and you drive off. So Technically you should not need to coordinate with anyone really, just drive up and pickup strangers :) and Drop them off.

Cheers!

Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valeriembrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 11:58am
Good Morning,

I might not have made it clear that I would like to be a driver. I pay for parking in DC, and it is more convenient for me to drive.

Let me ask a question, since I've never done this before, how do I identify passengers that are traveling my route?

Thanks in advance.

Valerie Brown
tcruzatcruzen View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcruzatcruzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 11:22am
I just made 2 posts regarding slugging from the Manassas Cushing lot.

I travel very early so that may be the only down side of riding with me.

TC

Edited by tcruzatcruzen - 15 Nov 2017 at 11:23am
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valeriembrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 8:26am
Good Morning,

I am considering slugging, as my hybrid privileges to ride HOV on 66 are rescinded starting the beginning of December. As I see many hybrids on 66, who are losing their privileges as well, has anyone considered a slug line starting at Manassas Mall? It is right on my route to work, as I travel Sudley Road. I travel Constitution Avenue and could drop of at 14th and Constitution NW.

If not, I will need to understand how the Cushing Lot and the 14th and Constitution Ave slugging lines. Can someone educate me as to how I would know which sluggers are traveling my route?
Thank you.

Valerie Brown
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic