Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manassas Mall Slug Line

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valeriembrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 2:50pm
Yes, you'd have to take the Metro from one of these locations. I would imagine the a.m. drop off points are situated as such because they are immediately off major highways from VA, like 95 and 395. I would think the closest drop off location would be L'Efante Plaza, which is right at the metro and you'd take the metro to Union Station. You'd still say money, as you'd get a free ride to DC, then only be going a few stops on the metro.

It takes me 22 minutes to get from my home, near Liberia and PW Parkway, but once on PW Parkway, I'm driving 55-60 MPH.   If you think about the stop and go traffic on 234, PW Parkway is a breeze. It takes about 20 minutes to get from Horner into DC. P.M. travel is a little longer.

During rush hour around the Cushing lot in the p.m., traffic is kind of thick, but, again, once on PW Parkway the traffic moves well.

I hope this info is helpful to you.

Valerie
Valerie Brown
juarezji View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juarezji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 3:23pm
Thanks for the information. I think I'll try using the Horner lot once I begin the job. I'd be going into work at 8:30 AM and leave at 5:00 PM. I'd probably get there by 6:30 AM - 6:45 AM just to be safe and see how long the commute takes from there to the metro to my job. 

So in the afternoon I would just metro to L'Efante Plaza and take a slug back to Horner, correct? I would probably be there by 5:30 PM hopefully. I'm sure once I begin, I'll get the hang of it.

Thank you! 

Jackie 
juarezji View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juarezji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 3:25pm
Actually, one more thing: on the Horner slug information, it shows these locations as the returning slugs or PM: 

I guess I'd probably just take the slug somewhere near 15th & NY? Or the Commerce Building? I need to familiarize myself with the area for sure.
valeriembrown View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valeriembrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 4:19pm
I am traveling very early in the morning as opposed to your travel time.   You might want to make adjustments as the later in the morning and the later in the afternoon you travel the heavier the traffic. I leave home at 5:50 am to arrive at work by 7:00 a.m.   I leave work at 4:30 p.m. and arrive at home around 5:45.   There are a number of pick up locations in the pm, But you have to consider which one is closer to a metro station.   I'm not familiar with all of the locations just the ones that I travel.

I am talking like the expert when I only been doing this for less than a week.   You will catch on quickly.
Valerie Brown
rbhoward View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbhoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 7:31pm
How about picking up a slug along the way off of I-66 in Centreville or Vienna Metro? I go to Navy Yard but going backwards to Manassas would be rough.
valeriembrown View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valeriembrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 8:28pm
Going 28 South to the Centerville 66 exit is a horror.   Bumper to bumper traffic all the way.   I found that no way can traveling 66 East or West compare to taking 95 express lanes and 395HOV both morning and afternoon.   I save 20 minutes in the morning at a minimum and 1/2 hour or more in the afternoon using the 95 express lanes and 395HOV.   I've given up on 66 travel unless somehow the congestion eases up, even if I could pick up slugs along the route.
Valerie Brown
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic