Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Slug, help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Slug, help
    Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 6:03pm
I’m gonna be slugging from the Stafford Route 630 lot and I’m not sure what lot to get dropped off at. And is the lot I get dropped off at the same one I take to get back to the Route 630 lot. I’m going to DC District Court. (333 Constitution Ave NW)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tlringer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 6:05pm
Also does anyone recommend taking one of the commuter vans? If so which one and how much does it cost?

Thanks
gatewayslug View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatewayslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 7:45am
When did they resurrect the 630 slugline?
Tlringer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 6:15pm
I guess it's the Garrisonville road, North lot? I'm looking at houses in Aquia Harbor. Just trying to get a grasp on how I'm gonna get to work. I never slugged before. Move in a few months. Any advice will help
KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 7:41am
You are probably looking at the 610 Stafford lots - there are two, the North Lot is 610 Stafford and the South Lot is called Mine Rd. The Front page of this website has maps for both. I suggest that you check out both lots on a weekend to quickly become familiar with them. Which one you use is a matter of personal preference.
610 Stafford goes to the Pentagon, Crystal City, & Rosslyn
Mine Rd goes to the Pentagon & various points in Downtown DC.
Because of your situation & where you are going it probably makes more sense for you to be a Driver and drop off at either the Pentagon or locations in DC and then continue to work. In the afternoon you will have to reverse the process, probably by going to the Pentagon to pickup.
You can talk to your slugs and figure out if there are better ways for you to get to work (& home) by asking where they commute to and what their commute process is and what challenges (weather, special events in DC, metro delays, etc) they have. Also, once you get to work you can check on available commuter Vans & such by asking around.
Right now, all this sounds daunting, within a few weeks of driving slugs, talking to different folks, & having fast & smooth trips you will be an expert and wonder what all the fuss was about.
I promise. Smile
Tlringer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 10:08pm
Thanks for taking the time. It does sound crazy. Almost makes me wanna just buy a townhouse closer and ride the train.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 8:01am
Don't worry.  I've been slugging for 15+ years.

Wouldn't do it any other way.
Mehran.s23 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehran.s23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 9:05am
I live in Aquia, moved recently. I still slug from Horner in Woodbridge though because at the end of the day in Rosslyn I don't see many people being picked up from the Stafford line, and if they are.. it doesn't move nearly as fast as Horner.

Originally posted by Tlringer Tlringer wrote:

I guess it's the Garrisonville road, North lot? I'm looking at houses in Aquia Harbor. Just trying to get a grasp on how I'm gonna get to work. I never slugged before. Move in a few months. Any advice will help
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic