Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Woodbridge to DC and back

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woodbridge to DC and back
    Posted: 25 Oct 2003 at 7:53am
I work in downtown DC at 21st and K St.. I am thinking of moving to Woodbridge... i have a few questions on slugging:

1. Where in Woodbridge do I catch a ride?
2. Where can I expect to get off near my office? (it's near Foggy Bottom/GWU)
3. Should I just get a ride from Woodbridge to the Pentagon, then catch the Blue Line Metro?
4. How much time would each of these options take?

Thanks!
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2003 at 11:08pm
ok, I am replying to my own post. :-)

here's what I found so far:
I can get on at:
(a) Old Hechinger to get to 18th St or
(b) Horner/Potomac Mills to get to 23 St

Question 1: Do the 18th drivers go all the way up to K St?

On the way back, I see no way of getting out of DC to get to Woodbridge. It says that destinations are for Springfield only. So my options are:
Leave work at 5:30
Get on Blue Line at Foggy Bottom at 5:40
Get to Pentagon by 5:50
Walk to Pentagon pickup by 6pm
Hope that Woodbridge ride is still there by then.

Question 2: Since I work at 21st and K, do I have any other options to get back home, or is this it?

(FYI: I plan to move down to Woodbridge by end of November, so far, my #1 apartment choice is close to Old Hechinger slug line)
mroyal View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2003 at 11:00am
quote:
Originally posted by shahedC
[br]ok, I am replying to my own post. :-)

here's what I found so far:
I can get on at:
(a) Old Hechinger to get to 18th St or
(b) Horner/Potomac Mills to get to 23 St

Question 1: Do the 18th drivers go all the way up to K St?

On the way back, I see no way of getting out of DC to get to Woodbridge. It says that destinations are for Springfield only. So my options are:
Leave work at 5:30
Get on Blue Line at Foggy Bottom at 5:40
Get to Pentagon by 5:50
Walk to Pentagon pickup by 6pm
Hope that Woodbridge ride is still there by then.

Question 2: Since I work at 21st and K, do I have any other options to get back home, or is this it?

(FYI: I plan to move down to Woodbridge by end of November, so far, my #1 apartment choice is close to Old Hechinger slug line)

The line at Horner Road(New Lot)typically goes to 18th, not 23rd. It's not rare that drivers will go as far as K street... depends on how long you want to wait. Most will go to at least Penn or H street.

5:30 is pretty tight to reach the Pentagon

Other afternoon options include slug lines on 14th street and the OmniRide Bus. The Dale City bus stops at Horner and Potomac Mills.
http://www.prtctransit.org/prtctransit.filereader?3f9d3eaf0027e153271d424d361c062f+EN/userpages/257

I think the Lake Ridge bus stops at the Old Hechinger lot.

Maybe we will someday get a PM line somewhere around 19th street.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2003 at 12:22pm
Thanks.. I guess my only option are the last 2 Dale City buses from 18th & Penn down to Horner Road.
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2003 at 12:40pm
yes, i would love to car pool, but there's no place for me to park in DC except for the super-expensive lots... so I was only looking at the slugging options, instead of driving.

I will give u a call to discuss further options.. thanks!
roc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2003 at 4:38pm
i work at 30th & K - email me - lets see if we can coordinate... rib@jordenusa.com
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2003 at 4:48pm
I just sent you email...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic