Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New driver: Waze Use question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote primedrivin808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New driver: Waze Use question
    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 7:06am
Greetings - Starting a new job in the Rosslyn area - I'll be driving the 610 --> Rosslyn and back.

Was going to do a test run this morning but 395 HOV was closed due to flooding.  Waze suggested a westerly-detour using 495 to 66.  I wasn't sure how Slugs would feel about the different route, so I'm deferring my test run until tomorrow.

1. Is use of Waze common for Slug drivers and is it culturally-accepted to use the most optimum route (assuming a significant time savings, such as today's 2 hour vs 59 minute advantage).

2. Are Slugs generally willing to help newer drivers with exact drop-off tips at the destination?  Waze seems to have the spots marked.  My concern is trying to do a later-morning pickup at 610 and not having any/enough Rosslyn Slugs so I may need to find an alternate drop-off ie: Pentagon, with many of it's own intricacies.   

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Jeremy
KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 4:17pm
I'll give you my vote. Hopefully others will too
1) Yes. Actually, I don't care as long as we are moving toward our final destination. I've had occasions where the driver bailed on HOV (in the afternoon) to take back roads home.
2) Yes. but ask once they get in. Tell us you are driving up to XX point and willing to drop off(s) any point before XX. Near the Metro is popular, but other point might be acceptable or more convenient to the riders. but don't mix/match Rosslyn & Pentagon. It's just not convenient for everyone involved.
primedrivin808 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote primedrivin808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 10:15am
I appreciate you taking the time to reply.  I ended up driving on Monday, only 2.5 hours to get to DC thanks to the flooding!  Slugs were fine with rerouting via Waze.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic