Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Slugger

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefedorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Slugger
    Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 4:21pm
Hello,

After being fed-up with public transportation and it's un-reliability... I'm interested in becoming a slugger. I see there is a Horner Rd. commuter lot and I was wondering...how do I know which line to get into that goes to L'enfant? Also, vice versa from l'enfant to Horner Rd? I haven't seen anyone lined up at L'enfant plaza before, then again, I don't usually get there until 5:10pm.  Are there any particular rules? Please forgive my new-ness! 

Rosie
Rosie Fedorovich
GregP View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 8:23am
Welcome to slugging!

You've already completed some critical steps in making a life-changing decision. You've become aware of slugging and it's potential benefits, you've found this website (a lot of sluggers / drivers don't even know about slug-lines.com but simply by word-of-mouth) and you're asking our community questions. You will do quite well with slugging AND be informed!

Although I don't commute to / from Woodbridge, there are some links here on slug-lines.com which will shed more light on slugging, in general, etiquette and rules, etc.

Etiquette and Rules
http://www.slug-lines.com/Slugging/Etiquette.asp

Morning Lines:
http://www.slug-lines.com/AM_Lines/Am_Slug_lines.asp

Horner Road
http://www.slug-lines.com/AM_Lines/Horner_rd.asp

Afternoon Lines:
http://www.slug-lines.com/PM_lines/PM_Slug_Lines.asp

L'efant Plaza
http://www.slug-lines.com/PM_lines/Lenfant_Plaza.asp

On this same page, in the top left margin, you'll find links to several different pages. The ones of most interest to you would probably be the morning and afternoon slug lines.

If you're commuting home from L'enfant Plaza in the evening, that line forms on D St. at the far end of the GSA building (close to where the entrance / signs to 395 are - someone correct me if I'm erring on this) whereas the line to Bob's and Rolling Valley in Springfield / Burke lines up on D St. right around the corner from 7th St. directly across from HUD.

In reference to which line goes to your intended destination, if it's not listed on one of the pages I've linked to above, ask the people in line. 99% of slugs and drivers are quite friendly and will be more than happy to pass along pertinent information (such as being the "caller"). However, if you're completely new to slugging, hopefully you'll find some time to read through some of the pages here. It will provide you with some knowledge that will be quite useful.

Best of luck!

Edited by GregP - 05 Jun 2018 at 8:32am
Tslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 7:33am
Hi Rosie,

I'm also new to slugging and will actually be trying it for the first time next week.

We have the same point of departure/destination. How had the experience been? Any time frame you notice where it is less congested?

Thanks!
Tracy
bomble View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bomble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 11:04pm
When's a realistic cut-off time for slugging going each way? In planning my commute, I tended to go into the office later than the VRE or Omniride would allow. (I also tended to go home later.) 

Does the slugging economy tend to mirror that of VRE and Omniride? Or does it go a little later? 

Thanks,

J.
Tslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 10:02am
weird, I was replying to my old post, lol.

i haven't tested the time frame, i almost always get to the pickup point around 630am and leave DC between 4 and 430. compared to the VRE around my timeframes, I certainly always get to my destination faster.

Edited by Tslug - 17 Aug 2019 at 10:05am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic