Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

610 Lot -- New Lot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulipgirl67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2003 at 11:06am
Just wanted to let everyone know that the ramp from 95 to crossover to Mine Road is open and works great!

Please don't be hesitant to pick up the Mine Road slugs especially in the afternoon. There is a sign designating the Mine Road lot at the Pentagon. Thanks.
JiggaJynx View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2003 at 7:42am
quote:

Hurrytooth-It's not all that uncommon for a retail location to open it's parking lot for commuters if they can accomodate them and their patrons. Potomac Mills does it, as does Springfield Mall, and apparently the K-Mart at Tackett's Mill.

One minor correction--there is commuter parking at Tackett's Mill in the lot across from McDonald's, and I've seen limited parking at the K-Mart on Dale Blvd just before the intersection with I-95. Happy Friday!
DC_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2003 at 4:21pm
The new light is amazing. It was always relatively easy to get across 610 to make that left turn (as long as there weren't evil people on the road), but now the new light is there...I never have more than a smile on my face going across. It really makes my life much easier...especially since I live back that way.

If you are thinking about moving the ENTIRE line over to the new lot...my advice is DON'T EVEN TRY. People are not willing to make that change. The lot is excellent between 7:00-8:40. There is plenty of room over there to house the cars for the DC line or the VA line, but take it from someone who once tried....don't try to move the line. People get nasty when you propose change! Plus if there is no room over at the Old Lot, then people know there is another lot they can go to...so it's not like anyone is left in the cold.

mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2003 at 9:53am
DC Slugger- I gotta say, I agree with you. It's nice to know that from 0530 to about 0700 I will have luck picking up at the Staffordboro lot and thereafter, I know I should go to the Mine Road lot. With all the changes that have happened to that area in the recent past (and more to come, I'm sure), it's nice to have that one little nugget of consistency so that we can get a feel for what's happening on a daily basis. I'm kinda feeling like changing lines would prove chaotic and not really that helpful. I could be wrong, but that is what my gut tells me and my guts can be pretty smart sometimes...LOL. [:)]
Poncho View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2003 at 8:22pm
All right folks, the time has finally arrived. I'm sick and tired of our forces being divided between two parking lots and waiting far too long to get a ride to Rosslyn in the morning. Mirangus, you say you like the consistency of knowing you'll have luck at Staffordboro from 0530-0700 followed by Mine road. How about the consistency of one location at ALL times?!

Here's what I propose:

- All Pentagon folks use the bigger Staffordboro lot
- Everybody else (Rosslyn, Navy Annex, Crystal City, etc) use Mine Rd

With the installation of the traffic light off of Hwy 95, there's no excuse for staying away from the Mine Road lot now. It's super convenient!

Just think, when you stand in line to go to Rosslyn you'll now have a much greater chance of being picked up more quickly since the Pentagon folks won't be there (and vice versa).

That's the sort of consistency I like!

Are you guys with me?! Let me know and I'll set the date and make the signs!!!!!
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2003 at 8:02am
I'm opposed. I see no reason to "fix" something THAT IS NOT BROKEN. You state that you are tired of waiting far too long for a ride to Rosslyn. Guess what? Moving the line will not fix that problem. Why in the world do you think that the absence of the Pentagon folks will increase your chances of getting a quick ride to Rosslyn? They are not competing with you for rides. All it will do is remove the option of your being able to take a ride to the Pentagon and Metro over to Rosslyn. Your proposal will make the situation worse, not better.

I am opposed and I will not cooperate with your ill-conceived proposal.

Mike
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2003 at 8:26am
I've seen it both ways: Rosslyn and Crystal City riders taking rides to the Pentagon so they can metro over to their final destination, and Rosslyn and Crystal City Drivers picking up Pentagon slugs because there was no in the line going to Rosslyn or Crystal City. Also, there are MANY people that work in Crystal City and Rosslyn that slug home from the Pentagon. Not only is the current system NOT BROKEN, it seems to work extremely well. If we make any change, I would recommend the DC line move over to the new lot (but that's up to them, not us).
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2003 at 9:00am
I agree with Arbo and mycroftt. While there are a lot of people that go to the Pentagon, I don't think it's enough to fill up the Staffordboro lot and would prove to be a horrendous waste of space. Quite honestly, I'm happy with the way things are now, for the reasons that Arbo stated. I am one of those people that will drive to wherever the need is greatest. And it's great that there are a lot of choices with the current system. Plus, the changeover time that that would require would be more than I care to endure and I'm not convinced that the benefits of the switch would be beneficial enough to put up with all that chaos. No, thanks. I will also throw in my vote of "no, leave things alone."
gt1318 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt1318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2003 at 11:13am
I vote no, leave it like it is.
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2003 at 11:55am
Poncho: I forgot the most important part: Thank you for taking an active interest in improving slugging. Although I don't agree with what you want to do, I do appreciate your willingness to grab the bull by the horns and do something to improve a situation you believe needs improving. This is grassroots activism at its finest and it is what has made the slugging system so successful thus far.

Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic