Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

610 Lot -- New Lot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slug15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 610 Lot -- New Lot
    Posted: 04 Nov 2003 at 2:45pm
Just wondering once the construction is done at the Stafford Marketplace (R 610), will they be eliminating the old parking lot? I know there is a new lot that is being used (across the new shopping center), but could you just imagine the ramnifications (if and when) they close the old lot? The new lot is nice, but I think we'll run into problems (yet again) finding parking spaces, if we only have that one lot. Any thoughts?
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2003 at 3:48pm
I believe the only parking they are taking away is the small lot that was across the street from the big old lot (on Staffordshire). But they built the extension in the back to compensate for the loss of the small lot. I'm almost 100% positive that everything else will remain in place.

I'd be interested to know how the owner's of the new shopping center would react to letting commuters use part of that lot for overflow. My assumption is that they'll react poorly. Has there been any discussion on this (I don't remember seeing any here so far)? Does anyone have any info on that?
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2003 at 8:48am
They have already reacted poorly. They have stated that they do not want commuters parking in their lot. I assume that means that they do not want us shopping in their stores either, so I will do neither.

Mike
Hurrytooth View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurrytooth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2003 at 10:42am
How would you like it if you lived right on 610 next to the commuter lot and people parked their cars in your driveway for commuting purposes?
JiggaJynx View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2003 at 11:19am
quote:
Originally posted by mycroftt
[br]They have already reacted poorly. They have stated that they do not want commuters parking in their lot. I assume that means that they do not want us shopping in their stores either, so I will do neither.

Mike

You make a good point. I notice that at Tacketts Mill and at the Dale Blvd. K-Mart, there is parking set aside for commuters. My co-worker, who has been here for 20 years, tells me the Tacketts parking was originally designed for the shopping center. On the days I commute from the Tacketts lot, I frequently use the stores that are in or close to the Tacketts complex (Safeway, CVS), rather than make an additional stop on the way home.
Slugman View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slugman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2003 at 1:36pm
I think we are missing the most important point. When are we going to split the lines up so that there is enough parking for everyone even after 7am in the morning. I am not sure of the best way, but either DC or Rosslyn/Pentagon/CC needs to make use of the new lot and stop using the old.

Any one else have a good idea? Let's get it started.
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2003 at 1:52pm
Over a year ago someone started a push to move the DC slug line to Mine Road, leaving the Pentagon/Roslyn/CC line where it is. SEVERAL people resisted this change, and it never really happened. But, now that the 610 road work has been started, you may want to start that push again.

BTW, does the new 610 traffic pattern make it any easier to get to the new lot?
Slugman View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slugman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2003 at 2:12pm
It's much easier. The new light at the top of the interstate off-ramp allows you access into the left hand turn lanes that lead to the new lot. With the new setup it just seems useless for us all to try to cram into the old lot.
Slug15 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slug15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2003 at 3:39pm
Thanks everyone for all your replies. I think BOTH lots should be utilized (if both lots are available to us and the old lot will NOT be taken away). If we all switch from the old to the new lot or vice versa; then again, we'll run into NO PARKING after 7 a.m. Slugman, you see my point exactly. If we see that the old lot is full in the morning as far as parking; then we'll just have to migrate to the new lot to park and, hopefully, drivers will get the point to pick up slugs from the new lot. Ah, the joys of commuting.
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2003 at 9:26am
quote:
Originally posted by Hurrytooth
[br]How would you like it if you lived right on 610 next to the commuter lot and people parked their cars in your driveway for commuting purposes?

Hurrytooth-It's not all that uncommon for a retail location to open it's parking lot for commuters if they can accomodate them and their patrons. Potomac Mills does it, as does Springfield Mall, and apparently the K-Mart at Tackett's Mill.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic