Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Continued awful trips on HOV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2003 at 10:18am
Hybrids are a factor, but anyone who has followed my posts on this knows that my concern there is for 2-3 years out, but if we dont get a policy handle on it now it could get terrible. I think the majority of the current problem relates to a massive amount of singles trying to beat the 6 am deadline. This is combined with much higher volumes in the HOV lanes in the 6-7 am period. There is no margin for problems any more. (Let's add some HOT lanes here!)
JustWannaGetHome View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustWannaGetHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2003 at 10:09am
I'm sorry, but something HAS to change! I'm so tired of calling my boss from the congested HOV lanes telling her I'm stuck in traffic again! I'm lucky if I can get to work on time two days out of the week. I've been slugging to Rosslyn from Horner for over five years, and it's never been this consistently horrible...rain or shine! The only explanation is the Hybrids, it's true! Of course those that have Hybrids are going to deny it, they bought the car to get on HOV free. I'm so tired of this environment reasoning...it's hurting the environment, look at the congestion NOW! Something has to be done, can we all afford to go through this headache of a communte everyday on HOV lanes??? It's the HOV lanes, not the CF lanes!
tondalea View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tondalea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2003 at 9:37am
I think the evening and morning hours should be extended. I also noticed a lot of cheaters.
sancochojoe View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sancochojoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2003 at 8:59am
here we go again, Blaming Hybrids
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2003 at 8:45am
This morning (Nov 12)the commute was terrible again. My driver did not have the radio on and I didn't hear what happened. I think the problem is the non-HOV pre- 6am rush. If anything goes wrong it fouls the entire morning commute for the HOV. Something is going to have to be done eventually. I am thinking that we are almost at the point of shifting the am HOV to 5:30. And end the hybrid exemption sooner rather than later. I am about ready to fire off some more emails.

Bob
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic