Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Continued awful trips on HOV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2003 at 4:52pm
quote:

Thats ridiculous and not factual.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal

Are you really as stupid as you make yourself out to be? I said that at times half the cars around me are with CF plates. This is a TRUE statement. This occurs frequently to me.

I also said that it SEEMS that half of the accidents in the HOV lanes have a hybrid involved. I did not say this is a fact, just that it SEEMS that way. I've seen less than ten accidents(after the fact) in the HOV lanes and four of them, involved a Hybrid car with CF plates.

You have a foolish notion that people are jealous of the CF exemption. That is your opinion, but it doesn't apply to me.
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2003 at 4:42pm
And.....their POS car will still work even if it doesn't have an exemption.
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2003 at 4:42pm
Big bucks???? Excuse me.....20-25k for a car is not big bucks!
GeeseAreGood View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeeseAreGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2003 at 4:33pm
There are not that many CFag cars out there to cause this much trouble. I believe the problem is the 0530 traffic, which I contribute to a lot, though at 0530, a single driver in the HOV lane is not a cheater, I exit at Springfield and Park & Ride. I believe a fix to this is start HOV at 0530 and in the evening extend it to 6:30 pm or 7:00 pm. This will make the HOV lanes more efficient and may even help traffic in all lanes as it will enourage more car pooling and slugging which removes cars from the road.

The problem with the CFags is that they were granted an exemption and laid out the big bucks based on this promise. I do not think the state should go back on the promise, but I do not think they should extend it or create new exemptions or HOT lanes.
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2003 at 3:39pm
Jealous??? Yeah right!! Hmmmm......a 76 or 85 horsepower car or a 280 horsepower car. Let me see.......Ummmmm. HAHAHA!!!! I'm not jealous of the parking I bet they have to pay either. When I used to drive single I paid $200 a month. Now that I carpool, I pay $18.00 a month. Granted.....sluggers pay even less.....$0.00. :-) Jealous....HA!
Connie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2003 at 2:57pm
What are we jealous of? Many of us could go out and buy Hybrids and drive by ourselves too - in fact, let's ALL do that. Let's do away with the whole car pool idea and make the lanes Hybrid Only Lanes. Everybody who drives or slugs now can go out and get a Hybrid and use their special lanes. In a few years, the old carpool lanes will look just like the regular lanes and we can all take 3 hours to get to work. But hey, we'll all get to ride by ourselves and sport cool vanity plates like "MYHOV4000" and it would do away with this rabid jealousy that we all have toward Hybrid owners. [:D]

Solving the area's congestion problems will take a real commitment among people, a real political advocacy, whether it be for or against Hybrids, unchecked growth in the areas south of town, increased telecommuting options, etc. But I suppose it's easier to sit in one's Ivory White Hybrid and proclaim the carpool commoners are jealous...
mroyal View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2003 at 2:28pm
quote:
Originally posted by MDC
[br]Most of us who oppose hybrids on HOV, do so because they don't deserve an exemption to the law. They aren't even cleaner than many cars out there. The purpose of HOV is to allow cars with multiple passengers a quicker way to work to compensate them for going through the hassle of not driving by themselves.

I personally believe that at least 10% of the cars in the HOV lanes are these CF cars. If anyone doesn't believe that reducing the number of cars by 10% won't reduce congestion, they're nuts.

The conclusion that at least some of us reached in another thread is that many oppose hybrids in HOV because they are jealous. I think that argument still holds water.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
mroyal View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2003 at 12:55pm
quote:
Originally posted by MDC
[br]It may depend on what time you're looking. But at times, half the cars around me(say 5 of 10), are hybrids.

I was rear ended last week by a hybrid in the HOV lanes, and it seems that at least half the accidents in HOV involve a car with CF plates. How is this possible if they make up only a small percentage of the vehicles?

Thats ridiculous and not factual.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
mroyal View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2003 at 12:54pm
quote:

If exemptions are going to be granted for single riders for who they are or what they drive, then change the name of the roads from HOV so there's no misperception on who the road is for.

How about Hybrid Only Vehicles?

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
sancochojoe View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sancochojoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2003 at 11:09am
"Emotional Statistics" produced those results.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic