Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Continued awful trips on HOV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2003 at 3:39pm
Jealous??? Yeah right!! Hmmmm......a 76 or 85 horsepower car or a 280 horsepower car. Let me see.......Ummmmm. HAHAHA!!!! I'm not jealous of the parking I bet they have to pay either. When I used to drive single I paid $200 a month. Now that I carpool, I pay $18.00 a month. Granted.....sluggers pay even less.....$0.00. :-) Jealous....HA!
GeeseAreGood View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeeseAreGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2003 at 4:33pm
There are not that many CFag cars out there to cause this much trouble. I believe the problem is the 0530 traffic, which I contribute to a lot, though at 0530, a single driver in the HOV lane is not a cheater, I exit at Springfield and Park & Ride. I believe a fix to this is start HOV at 0530 and in the evening extend it to 6:30 pm or 7:00 pm. This will make the HOV lanes more efficient and may even help traffic in all lanes as it will enourage more car pooling and slugging which removes cars from the road.

The problem with the CFags is that they were granted an exemption and laid out the big bucks based on this promise. I do not think the state should go back on the promise, but I do not think they should extend it or create new exemptions or HOT lanes.
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2003 at 4:42pm
Big bucks???? Excuse me.....20-25k for a car is not big bucks!
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2003 at 4:42pm
And.....their POS car will still work even if it doesn't have an exemption.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2003 at 4:52pm
quote:

Thats ridiculous and not factual.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal

Are you really as stupid as you make yourself out to be? I said that at times half the cars around me are with CF plates. This is a TRUE statement. This occurs frequently to me.

I also said that it SEEMS that half of the accidents in the HOV lanes have a hybrid involved. I did not say this is a fact, just that it SEEMS that way. I've seen less than ten accidents(after the fact) in the HOV lanes and four of them, involved a Hybrid car with CF plates.

You have a foolish notion that people are jealous of the CF exemption. That is your opinion, but it doesn't apply to me.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2003 at 6:18pm
If the reason for I-95 HOV is to encourage car pooling/slugging and move the maximum amount of commuters in the most efficient and environment friendly way -- maybe the HOV rulesmakers should use a mixture of all the proposed solutions on this message board. From what's been posted, this would include:
a. Extending the HOV restricted hours to an earlier start time in the morning and a later end time in the afternoon.
b. Reinstating HOV-4 to ensure larger amount of passenger miles per vehicle trip in the HOV lanes
c. Allowing CF/hybrid vehicles with a restriction to increase their number of passenger miles per HOV trip (maybe HOV-2 or HOV-3 for them) and maintain an incentive to purchase high fuel efficient vehicles
Then, enforce the rules. All this might ease the HOV congestion to an agreeable degree while inflicting a degree of acceptable pain on all commuters. If the future development and growth to the south of DC is as large as some have reported, HOV might ultimately have to revert to the way it was when HOV started many years ago when HOV was initially for only buses and 15-passenger van pools. [B)]
mroyal View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2003 at 12:33pm
quote:
Originally posted by GeeseAreGood
[br]There are not that many CFag cars out there to cause this much trouble. I believe the problem is the 0530 traffic, which I contribute to a lot, though at 0530, a single driver in the HOV lane is not a cheater, I exit at Springfield and Park & Ride. I believe a fix to this is start HOV at 0530 and in the evening extend it to 6:30 pm or 7:00 pm. This will make the HOV lanes more efficient and may even help traffic in all lanes as it will enourage more car pooling and slugging which removes cars from the road.

The problem with the CFags is that they were granted an exemption and laid out the big bucks based on this promise. I do not think the state should go back on the promise, but I do not think they should extend it or create new exemptions or HOT lanes.

What exactly is a "CFag"?

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
mroyal View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2003 at 12:37pm
quote:
Originally posted by MDC
[br]
quote:

Thats ridiculous and not factual.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal

Are you really as stupid as you make yourself out to be? I said that at times half the cars around me are with CF plates. This is a TRUE statement. This occurs frequently to me.

I also said that it SEEMS that half of the accidents in the HOV lanes have a hybrid involved. I did not say this is a fact, just that it SEEMS that way. I've seen less than ten accidents(after the fact) in the HOV lanes and four of them, involved a Hybrid car with CF plates.

You have a foolish notion that people are jealous of the CF exemption. That is your opinion, but it doesn't apply to me.

Yes, I am as stupid as I make myself out to me. I am also as smart as I make myself out to be. So are you, and your statement regarding hybrids in accidents *seems* very stupid to me.

If the jealousy hat doesn't fit, don't wear it.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
ballston rider View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballston rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2003 at 8:33pm
I am new to the area and to slugging. I just started commuting to Arlington from Woodbridge and have noticed the morning back up, but what is more irritating to me is the evening back up. Can someone explain why the HOV entrance just north of Edsall rode always says OPEN? There is consistent back up at this point, sometimes up to 10 mintues to allow people to get on the HOV and more than half the people are single, non hybred drivers. I pass this area around 5:30 every day and it is really irritating. Once we get to Springfield, the entrance clearly says HOV restricted until 6pm and there are usually cops patroling that entrance looking for violators. Is there some reason why this is?

Ballston rider
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2003 at 6:35am
That area of the HOV is open to all traffic provided they get off at the next exit.....similar to 14th St. to the Pentagon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
  Share Topic