Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Driver Etiquette

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TLD921 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Driver Etiquette
    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 6:02pm
Hi all, I’m thinking of joining the ranks of slug drivers and I know there is etiquette to follow but I was curious if it’s inappropriate to ask the passengers clarifying directions on the first ride? Would you be annoyed if your driver was unsure of the drop off location? I’m particularly interested in dropping off at Pentagon and the construction and specific closures are giving me cause for hesitation as I’m not sure of where to go.

Thanks,
Nervous Nelly
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 7:54am
Absolutely not.  We all were first timers at some point.  Ask away.  I've been slugging for 18+ years, however I haven't been to the Pentagon since the construction, so I would be asking directions myself if I needed to go there.
KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 8:19am

The Pentagon is specifically challenging at the moment because of the construction – to both slugs & drivers since things can change throughout the various project phases. Better to keep the dialogue open so we can all keep adjusting.

Just last week I was standing in Mine Rd line for afternoon pickup and the large tourist buses rolled up and parked right in front of us, blocking us from drivers. We all had to file through the narrow bus gaps and stand in the road so the drivers could find us!

Anyway, the best place to drop folks off in the morning is to pull as far forward into the “Kiss & Drop” area along N. Rotary Rd. Don’t stop short and keep things moving. It’s safest for both of us.

lyrabella View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lyrabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 7:53am
Hi I usually drive to 14th St, but need to go near the Pentagon tomorrow. Am I able to drop off people at the Pentagon without a parking permit/CAC card? Will my riders tell me where to go? Thanks!
KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 8:54pm
Of course they will (or should) tell you where to go, just ask. It's not hard, just a little confusing. And you don't need a parking permit or CAC to pickup/dropoff.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic