Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Slug-Courtesy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pawf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Slug-Courtesy
    Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 1:39pm
I am new to slugging.  In the morning, while at Bob's in Springfield, waiting for a ride, a driver will come up and provide the location they are going to. I then accept the ride.  The driver, in fact is going past (further) than my destination, and I want to be dropped off before the driver's destination - but still in DC - and at their convenience, on their way. Most likely there will be many stop lights between 395 and my destination where I could get out.  What is the polite way to handle this with the driver?
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:42am
No worries.  If a driver says 18th and K, it is understood that they will stop at "earlier" streets (C, F, G, etc).

Some will ask you where you want to be dropped off right away, others will check later.  Usually if I'm not asked by 18th and Constitution, I'll say where I need to be dropped off after we make that left turn.
KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:51am
Assuming that it is your turn (your at the head of the line) Ask when they pull up and they say they are going to X - Can you drop me off between Y & Z? after they answer you can decide to get in or pass.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic