Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any slugging?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any slugging?
    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 7:46am
Anyone slugging anywhere these days?
Gbcavazos View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gbcavazos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 8:11am
I hope it starts back up soon as the $25/day is starting to take a toll (no pun intended).
VAwitch View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VAwitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 7:33pm
Agreed - if I don't get to my building by 0830, it's 23/day. Even the "early bird" rate of $14 adds up. Plus the gas & wear & tear on my car. I've already told my supervisor that if I have to go in more than 1-2x a week, I will have to seriously reconsider continuing my employment. Given that I can do most of my job remotely just as well as I could do at my desk, she's in support of it. 
Felicia45 View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Felicia45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 11:52am
Any updates? I'd like to get back to slugging.
Gbcavazos View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gbcavazos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 10:59am
I haven't gone to visit the slug lot on 610 adjacent to Lowe's.  Anyone else know if people are getting back to slugging??? 
sleach View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 8:28am
Working on it.  I am working on picking up people to go to Pentagon and/or L'Enfant Plaza and I had one rider at 6:45am.  Tomorrow I should have two.  I am willing to take up to three since one of my morning riders will not be available for afternoon rides due to work schedule time differences and the like.  My job is near L'Enfant, but I will pick up either there or Pentagon at around 4:15pm (I have some flexibility) and will return to Mine Rd or 610 (either is fine at this point).
danp17 View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danp17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 8:24pm
Anyone need a slug? I park at the 610 lot in Stafford and commute to the Pentagon. I prefer to leave in the morning around 6 to 6:30. The afternoon return home time is flexible.
sleach View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 6:46am
I can't do 6:30, the closest I can get is 6:40. You can see my previous post regarding pick ups and times and let me know if that works.

Edited by sleach - 14 Sep 2020 at 6:47am
danp17 View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danp17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 10:17pm
I could do 6:40am at the 610 lot to the Pentagon and return from Pentagon at 4:15pm.
How many riders do you already have and how many times a week do you drive in?
sleach View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 5:25am
Today (Tuesday) I have one, but I have two Monday, Wednesday, and supposedly Thursday this week. I have previously asked if they're OK with a 3rd and they are. We all wear our masks the entire ride.

I could definitely use the rider today (9/15). Do you use Facebook? There's a group called Stafford Slug Lines and it's the easiest way to get a hold of me for slugging, but I can check this posting, too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic