Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 DR COUPES YEAH OR NAY?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExecSec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2005 at 3:04pm
getmehomepweeze - that's funny - I was one car ahead of that tall guy and thinking the same thing.
It depends on the type of 2 door for me. And I wouldn't pass up a Mustang even though it's very cramped - gets me home faster most of the times :)
fed up View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2005 at 2:38pm
I remember a number of years ago when I was pregrant with twins and slugging to 14th Street. A couple in a two door Acrua hatchback would stop by and it seemed we always timed our arrivals meaning if I wanted to get to work on time I had to ride with them. One morning it got to the point where I had to tell them that I could no longer get out of the back seat (getting in wasn't hard). Their response to my situation was that the passenger (I'm assuming wife) would hop in the back seat so that I could sit up front. One morning I was waddling my way to the line when they pulled up and being the closest slug in sight, the passenger hopped in the back seat for me. Unfortunately, I wasn't waddling fast enough and another slug rider hopped in. I had to laugh.
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2005 at 3:51pm
If I understand your story correctly, you just laughed at the situation. I would have been upset at something or someone. I've never been pregnant nor can I (not female) but I suppose you must have been in a "nice" mood at the time. 2DR cars can be bothersome and problematic in your case but they are still acceptable for slugging [:)]

Goober
fed up View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2005 at 12:16am
Yes, I did laugh. I actually felt sorry for the wife having to sit in the back for someone else who was perfectly capable of getting in the back seat. As for getting upset, why? It wouldn't have done changed the situation in any way and I knew I would be getting a ride within a couple of minutes. There are a lot more important things to worry about than a ride to work.[:D]
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2005 at 7:56am
Fed up,
Wow, you have a fantastic attitude and outlook on life. KUDOS! Sluggers take note, is it really that big a deal? I laugh heartily whenever i get into this 2 DR that sometimes picks us up. Getting in not an issue and it is nice and roomy back there. Its getting out, the chairs are leather or faux leather and I'm slipping around trying to hoist myself forward to sneak my foot around the seatbelt. Fortunately the other nice passenger usually reaches in to pull me to my rescue. But, yeah, something to laugh at, at least I got to work safely. [8D]
jc9 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jc9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2005 at 3:30pm
I have a 2DR Accord Coupe, so of course my opion is biased, I think they're fine! When I pick up, people have actually said "wow, there's more space back here than I thought there was" but I admit I do feel awful when I see people struggling to get in and out - of course I bought my car 2 years before I started working up 95.

I must say, however, I have ridden in the back of a Licoln Navigator that was SO awful! I had less room in there than any other car I've been in. I don't think the front seat was pushed too far back, but that could've contributed. Who'd have thought that big of a car would have such narrow leg room!
vogelhut View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vogelhut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2005 at 11:37am
Not all 2drs are alike! There are some two doors with very little headroom in the back seat. I tried to get into one 2dr and hit my head on the rear window. (And I'm only 5'10") I felt it was unsafe so I got out. I will ride in those I deem safe, but not others.

Few drivers get upset when you pass on their car for any reason, so it is not awkward to say I'll wait for the next vehicle.

Jonas
Beckie5 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beckie5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2005 at 2:22pm
Not everyone can slug to their office. And a lot of people don't actually have the option to purchase a new car with four door. Many of the 2 door coupes have larger back seats than many of the four door cars. The Honda Accord 2 door coupe has a rather large back seat, the VW bug has plenty of leg room and the new Scions by Toyota have a lot of room too. I think that if you opt to slug it's a lot more important to check out the condition of the car, check the inspection sticker, and the tires. After all everyone helps out everyone without a price attached, that's what makes it work so well. If we were to start rejecting 2 door coupes that could be too costly to everyone in the long run.
dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2005 at 3:51pm
Well, I have a Saturn ION Coupe. Though I am in a regular carpool now, I do have to pick up slugs from time to time.

It's funny, because when I drive up to the slug line people have this skeptical look on their faces, but then............

I pop open the THIRD DOOR! And the skepticism is replaced with amazement! LOL!

My point is if you see a Saturn Coupe, don't pass them up -- they have the third door on both sides so no squeezing your way out of the car! [:D]

Dina
Martin Gugino View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martin Gugino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2005 at 10:41pm
quote:
P.S. - I don't like SUVs too much, but I am reasonable otherwise.

Please forgive this post, but a Hummer, at 9 mpg, with four occupants, is slightly better in terms of passenger miles per gallon than virtually all Detroit cars when conveying only the driver.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic