Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Re-open Slugging

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 12:57pm
Just to be clear about the Pentagon Slugline rumor -
I checked with the Pentagon Transportation Office yesterday. They have not made a decision yet about the Pentagon Sluglines, therefore, they are not officially open. I did see the Pentagon police hanging out yesterday afternoon near many of these lines. It is possible that that they will tell you to "move along", not sure that they will, but it is a possibility.
And before anybody complains that's not up to the Transportation office, If it's on the reservation here then they still determine when to "open stuff up" with respect to transportation.
I'll keep checking on this
pchaynes71 View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pchaynes71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 5:35pm
People merely need to show up. Slugging is popular because it isn't a set time for anyone. It is convenient to be there when a rider or driver are conveniently there lol. People just need to show up both rider and driver the need is there. A few minutes waiting for both is worth it in the end compared to toll costs. Go to your loss and wait a few minutes.
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pchaynes71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 5:40pm
Appreciate the official update... crazy that the Pentagon will however allow metro and buses to stop at the Pentagon but not allow slugging. Ihear the buses are full to capacity too. Crazy just a thought.
SavingTime View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SavingTime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 7:25am
Slugged into the Pentagon from Horner yesterday.

Stood at the Horner line at the porkchop around 5. Pentagon Police did not stop me. There is no sign that says there is no slugging. The signs only state the same things we have heard and read last year about wearing masks and social distancing.
A car picked me up, but we left after waiting 10 minutes for another slug. No slugs were walking to any line.
SavingTime View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SavingTime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 8:26am
Day 2 of getting a ride into the Pentagon from Horner.
It is nice riding on the HOV lanes again without paying nearly $20 in the morning or riding the bus.

Let's get the word out so more can come back to slugging.

Edited by SavingTime - 03 Jun 2021 at 8:27am
KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 9:56am
OK, I’ll admit that some of the “official’ guidance regarding the status of the slug lines has been confusing & maybe contradictory – my apologies.

The verbal guidance I got earlier in the week left me under the impression that the lines were not officially open on the reservation.  

However, I received the following email last night in response to my question, which provides better guidance:…..

To (ME)
Regarding your question on slugging, DoD does not regulate regional slugging.  However it does provide guidance for the use of our facilities (slug pickup locations) on the Pentagon Reservation.  DoD also provides guidance for safety and social distancing based on CDC guidance and according to the Pentagon's current HPCON status.  Under our current HPCON B+, "slugging is not recommended" for DoD employees, however, slug stations remain open around the reservation.  
 Latest guidance and updates across all operational areas can be found at WHS's COVID-19 Information Page (including Shuttle and Regional Transportation updates):  https://www.whs.mil/COVID-19/
 The "Welcome Back to the Pentagon Reservation Transportation Plan" is located here:
https://www.whs.mil/Portals/75/Coronavirus/Welcome%20Back%20Transportation%20Plan%2005142021.pdf?ver=hIf6DS0O-GbTOzo3MIzDHA%3d%3d
 For additional transportation questions please feel free to reach out to the WHS Transportation Management Program Office (TMPO) at: whs.pentagon.fsd.mbx.dod-shuttle-bus@mail.mil
Thanks,
WHS TMPO
Visit us online at:
https://my.whs.mil/services/transportation-management-program
For the latest transportation alerts & advisories follow us on:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/WHSTransportation
Twitter: www.twitter.com/WHS_Transport

Subsequently I replied thanking TMPO but also letting them know that current signage at the slug line and lack of communication from TMPO regarding acceptable commuting options makes the current situation confusing. Please consider clear and effective communication being posted around the pentagon regarding the status of ALL acceptable commuting options as we start opening up more. It will help us get back to normal.

So,… I guess the bottom line is get your vaccine and we need to start embracing slugging again

If I (or anybody else) get any better updates, please report.
CLOSHEDBB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CLOSHEDBB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 6:29pm
I can confirm that the Pentagon Police are allowing sluggers again.  I went to the pick-up point for Tackett's Mill today at 4PM.  I waited there for about 15 minutes, but no one showed, unfortunately.

A Pentagon Police woman pulled up beside me and asked if I was waiting for the slug line, and I told her I was hopeful they would start up again.  She said, "Okay, great.  Have a nice day." and drove off.  

I'll show up at the Tackett's Mill pick-up points both ways every day to hopefully find people who will ride.

Edited by CLOSHEDBB - 03 Jun 2021 at 6:30pm
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pchaynes71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 11:53am
Thank you all for sharing great information! Let's get our slug lines back and save some money 🙂
KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 7:51am
I picked up people from the bus line this morning at 610.
I've been trying to pickup people in the afternoon to go back to 610.
I will continue to do this. 
Evans12831 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evans12831 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 11:31am
Vaccinated and looking for slug from Horner Road to 18th Street.  Please let me know if anyone is going my way.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic