Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Re-open Slugging

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nawid.haidari@gmail. View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nawid.haidari@gmail. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 9:05am
Hello Everyone,
Is there any ride-shares going to DC, I need rides from Stafford 610 to 1200 Seventeenth Street, NW DC. I have to be there at 8:00am and afternoon will be leaving 4:30pm or 5:00pm. I am flexible in the afternoon if it is still early.

Happy 4th of July to all.
Thank you.
VWNut View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VWNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 6:55pm
Hello, we can get you as far as the Pentagon by 7:30 am ish. My husband metros into DC from there. In the afternoon we head back towards Stafford/Fredericksburg, leaving the Pentagon around 5:30. If you are interested please let us know. 

We are both vaccinated.

Thanks
NR
Durrani View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durrani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 7:28pm
Hello nawid, I am still looking for one to share ride , I belive our timing is abit different I leave at 8:00 Am from stafford and reachig 9:00 to crystal city . 7:00 is abit early in summer for me as my office open at 9:30 AM , same it's fine for me in the afternoon I am flexible .
MIKEG View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIKEG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 7:34am
Keith

Is the Rt 17 sign at the Pentagon still at the same place?
I was thinking of trying slugging again this week. It's not practical for me to drive to the Rt 610 commuter lot.
KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 7:40am
Mike - I have not personally checked to see if the Rt 17 sign at the Pentagon is still at the same place, BUT, based upon everything I've heard from the Pentagon Transportation office I believe that it is still in the same place.
SavingTime View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SavingTime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 8:21am
I went around the Pentagon slug lines and only observed changes to locations from 234 to Springfield. No changes at Stafford or Fredericksburg lines from what I was able to see last Friday.
KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 8:36am
From the Pentagon Transportation Office

Subject: Transportation Advisory: Realignment of Pentagon Slug Stations – effective Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Transportations POCs: Please disseminate.

Transportation Advisory: Realignment of Pentagon Slug Stations – effective Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Beginning Tuesday, July 6, 2021, the existing slug stations in the Pork Chop Parking Lot in Pentagon South Parking are realigned to establish improved vehicle queuing space and traffic flow within the Parking Lot. The 610 Mine Road, 610 Stafford, Route 3 and Route 17 slug stations remain open and operational at their current locations along North Rotary Road and Fern Street.

The following are the realignment changes:

1) Tackett’s Mill/Lorton VRE and Montclair/Rt 234 slug stations will be combined into one consolidated station.

2) Horner Road/Potomac Mills will be moved up to the former Montclair/Rt 234 slug station. 

There is no change to the Burke/Springfield slug station. 

Additionally, the Taxi Drop-off Loop will be repurposed as slug vehicle queuing for the Horner Rd/Potomac Mills slug location. Please follow signage when entering the Pork Chop Parking lot. 

As a reminder, the Pork Chop Parking Lot is part of the Pentagon Reservation, as such drivers and pedestrians are subject to all Pentagon rules and regulations when using the slug station facilities. Additionally, slugging is not a government managed program. The slug station facilities are established to provide pick-up/drop-off locations only for Pentagon employees and regional commuters.

For questions regarding the slug station facilities on the Pentagon Reservation, please contact us at whs.pentagon.fsd.mbx.dod-shuttle-bus@mail.mil. 

Thank you,

WHS TMPO

Geral View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 11:31am
Helpful information, thank you
employee tracking

Edited by Geral - 27 Jul 2021 at 11:32am
MIKEG View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIKEG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 7:01pm
If anyone goes to the Pentagon from the RT 17 lot at 6:00 AM I would be interested in riding with them I am vaccinated. I get off at 4:00 PM but am flexible. Anyone leaving anytime between 4 & 5 from the Rt 17 sign is fine with me. I'll even wear a mask if you want me to... 
MIKEG View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIKEG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 8:37pm
I anyone is going from the RT 17 lot at 6 to Pentagon I would be interested. I get off at 4 and willing to catch a ride anytime between 4 & 5
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic