Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Prius review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
bpgraham View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bpgraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2004 at 7:35am
*Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Pudding

1 (6 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding 2 cups of milk 1/3 cup peanut butter creamy 1 (8 ounce) container of frozen whipped topping, thawed 16 peanut butter-cream filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed into about two cups 1 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts

Whisk the pudding mix according to instructions on the box using the two cups of milk. Cover with plastic wrap and chill. Put one cup of crushed cookies evenly on bottom of an 8 quart bowl. Spread half of peanut butter mix over crushed cookies and sprinkle half the peanuts. Pour and spread pudding over the top. Spread the remaining peanut butter evenly over pudding. Sprinkle with remaining cookies and peanuts Chill. . . . Enjoy. . .
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2004 at 2:16pm
Hey y'all, you know what's funny? We have these heated discussions concerning hybrid owners and their posts that "we don't care about," but we always respond to them!!! I bet if we ignore them and really stop caring about what they have to say, they'll go away (like dogs and little kids). We slugs know that while hybrid owners are not totally the issue with all the recent congestion, they certainly don't help and we know that the exemption will not last forever (if we have anything to do with it). Let 'em spew forth to a brick wall!!

If you think I'm joking....anyone heard from my dear friend and name-morpher CLam lately?

Alrighty then.

[8D]
VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2004 at 1:29pm
Has it truely come to telling others not to, or should I say they shouldn't post on a "public" message board [:0] [?] Why not hear all the say-so on the topics? O.K., talking-up a review of a "Hybrid" on a slug-line message board is (kind of), asking for it. But hey, why not let the individual have their say-so, and let the administrator administrate! Who knows, we might hear something that might strike a thought of ingenuity...or something like that[:)]

Just a little break from all the head hunting [;)]
bpgraham View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bpgraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2004 at 1:07pm
I tend to agree with JustWannaGetHome - this site is slugs.com. Someone selling Amway, or touting the values of a clean air car should go somewhere else and tout their opinions to those who really care. I also agree that sluging and public transportation were aimed at getting more cars off the road to make the comute much easier, not as the Hybrid owners have done by adding more vehicles to the rush hours.
JustWannaGetHome View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustWannaGetHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2004 at 12:54pm
Where do you get off telling people they cant post here?? Last check we all have the right to post and express our ideas about slugging. In the last 10 years I have done it all when it comes to getting to DC for work. So along with every other person that reads this information we have to right to post our opinions!

What do you care about slugging if you aren't picking up slugs or standing in line waiting for a car...the Website is called Slug-Lines? What Hybrid owners care about is what we're saying about them. That's right, it seems like more and more Hybrid owners are flooding these message boards...scared that their benefit of riding solo will be taken away. Anytime someone posts anything questioning Hybrids and their effect on congestion or contacting representatives, everyone goes crazy blaming everything under the sun except the extra couple hundred Hybrid cars causing congestion. I know that the Hybrid technology is here to stay, that's the problem. Now every car manufacture has their own line of Hybrids. If you want to buy a Hybrid...great for you. Just remember to help the enviroment...which is why you bought the car in the first place, right...by picking up two slugs. Otherwise, you're just adding more cars to the road, which is causing more congestion, which is totally missing the point of helping the environment!
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2004 at 1:51pm
Also Hybrid technology is here to stay. Commercial applications along with military ones are growing by leaps and bounds. I agree the real issue is the HOV 1 and how to tackle that. Seems like we need the hybrid technology but not the exemption fo rHOV use.
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2004 at 1:47pm
quote:
Originally posted by JustWannaGetHome
[br]Mirangus I'm with you all the way on this. Why are these hybrid owners even on this Website??? If you're not slugging or picking up slugs we don't want your opinions! And we especially don't want any reviews of hybrid cars! Get off Slug-Lines.com and get your own Website...Freeloaders.com.

Where do you get off telling people they cant post here?? Last check we all have the right to post and express our ideas about slugging. In the last 10 years I have done it all when it comes to getting to DC for work. So along with every other person that reads this information we have to right to post our opinions!
k2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2004 at 11:24am
quote:
Originally posted by bowflexguy
[br]Hey I slug and pick people up in my Prius. Have I been in HOV by myself, yes but not very much. However, alot of slugs have been impressed with the car. I would recommend this car to anyone and slugs too. So I thought I would share my review since it is the car of the year. BTW I didn't spend $25k, I got mine for $21 minus $2 tax break = $19k not bad for a car that has a ton of tech built into it and is a Toyota. Yeah buy an american car and it's worth nothing two years later, buy a Toyota and it retains it value.

Does it destroy the HOV lanes? No, your looking at it the wrong way, it is an incentive for Americans to get off their butts and stop producing gas guzzlers like the 1970s. How else can we introduce a new technology and have people buy into it? Maybe instead of lobbying against hybrids in HOV maybe your efforts should be focused on bring better mass transit to the area???

I thought the Hybrids get a tax-deduction, not a credit. So you might save $2000 * (YOUR_TAX_RATE), or around $600. Right?

The NEW Prius is much nicer than the 2000-2003 model I think. If everyone drove a hybrid on HOV, that would be a major problem, but that won't happen. On the positive side, the Prius is incredibly clean, putting out vey little noxious emissions.

The Prius (and Civic hybrid, etc.) will still have value in 2 years.

I don't work for Toyota.

BTW, mass transit is still the best idea around. Imagine slugging in a huge clean vehicle, paying just a few dollars to get to work. It's called a bus or a train in other countries, and it seems to work pretty well. I know, ... I'm preaching to the choir, right?
mroyal View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2004 at 11:44am
quote:
Originally posted by mirangus
[br]Oh, yes, what a great idea!! Let's all spend almost $25,000 on a vehicle that, in two years or so, will no longer be useful on the HOV and then not be able to sell it because everyone else flooded the market with their own hybrids!!!! Where do I sign up??? [;)]

Just kidding, mroyal. [:D]

But seriously, it will be interesting to see just how much people "care about the environment" and how many hybrid owners were simply "opportun-izing" (yes, I made that up...the dictionary throwers can get their sights off me now). [:)]

And I was just kidding to. But opportunizing (works for me) is the result of either loop-holes or planned incentives. This one was a planned incentive that now is under national consideration.
The bridge-bucks is a potential incentive. HOV is an incentive.

That is the point that keeps getting lost. We get caught up in the definitions (what is a clean fuel vehicle?) How do we manage these incentives so that it benefits the majority? How do we make the best decisions to move as much traffic as possible? How do we balance these decisions with environmental problems, and social problems, and political problems? How do we get re-elected? Therein lie the challenges. Sometimes they will get it right and sometime they will get it wrong. In either case, I feel no shame in abiding by the law as long as it falls within my personal ethics and moral values.
I think its quite right to voice your concerns and let your representatives know what you think.

And by the way, as a slugger, I have no doubt that I'm an opportunizer. I ride to work for free.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2004 at 9:04am
I suspect that this guy is a salesman for a dealership. This would be in line with something they would do since they know their sales are threatened by our group. In any event, putting aside the hybrid issue, it is inappropriate to promote brands of new cars or anything else on our slug website.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic