Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Prius review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowflexguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Prius review
    Posted: 08 Jan 2004 at 8:23pm
I have to admit this new prius is awesome! I rides like a regular car, you know with pick up and passing. The ride is very comfortable and the displays are very easy to view. I believe it has over 400 new patents just for this car. I believ they have extended HOV-1 until 2006? Anyone in the market for a new car should seriously consider this Toyota!
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2004 at 10:50am
quote:
Originally posted by bowflexguy
[br]I have to admit this new prius is awesome! I rides like a regular car, you know with pick up and passing. The ride is very comfortable and the displays are very easy to view. I believe it has over 400 new patents just for this car. I believ they have extended HOV-1 until 2006? Anyone in the market for a new car should seriously consider this Toyota!

Ummmmm...hello?? Knock, knock, anyone home in there?? Why are you trying to advertise ways to kill slugging on a slugging website? If you read around this message board, you'll realize that we are more than aware of the existance of the hybrid vehicles. And don't get too excited about your little deviance from the HOV-3 restrictions. A whole ton of us will be lobbying for that to end next year. So, while we're all just SO tickled that you love your new car (ahem), enjoy it while you can.
mroyal View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2004 at 1:05pm
Don't listen to him, bowflexguy.
He's just jealous.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2004 at 1:28pm
Oh, yes, what a great idea!! Let's all spend almost $25,000 on a vehicle that, in two years or so, will no longer be useful on the HOV and then not be able to sell it because everyone else flooded the market with their own hybrids!!!! Where do I sign up??? [;)]

Just kidding, mroyal. [:D]

But seriously, it will be interesting to see just how much people "care about the environment" and how many hybrid owners were simply "opportun-izing" (yes, I made that up...the dictionary throwers can get their sights off me now). [:)]
JustWannaGetHome View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustWannaGetHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2004 at 2:03pm
Mirangus I'm with you all the way on this. Why are these hybrid owners even on this Website??? If you're not slugging or picking up slugs we don't want your opinions! And we especially don't want any reviews of hybrid cars! Get off Slug-Lines.com and get your own Website...Freeloaders.com.
bowflexguy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowflexguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2004 at 5:43pm
Hey I slug and pick people up in my Prius. Have I been in HOV by myself, yes but not very much. However, alot of slugs have been impressed with the car. I would recommend this car to anyone and slugs too. So I thought I would share my review since it is the car of the year. BTW I didn't spend $25k, I got mine for $21 minus $2 tax break = $19k not bad for a car that has a ton of tech built into it and is a Toyota. Yeah buy an american car and it's worth nothing two years later, buy a Toyota and it retains it value.

Does it destroy the HOV lanes? No, your looking at it the wrong way, it is an incentive for Americans to get off their butts and stop producing gas guzzlers like the 1970s. How else can we introduce a new technology and have people buy into it? Maybe instead of lobbying against hybrids in HOV maybe your efforts should be focused on bring better mass transit to the area???
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2004 at 9:04am
I suspect that this guy is a salesman for a dealership. This would be in line with something they would do since they know their sales are threatened by our group. In any event, putting aside the hybrid issue, it is inappropriate to promote brands of new cars or anything else on our slug website.
mroyal View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2004 at 11:44am
quote:
Originally posted by mirangus
[br]Oh, yes, what a great idea!! Let's all spend almost $25,000 on a vehicle that, in two years or so, will no longer be useful on the HOV and then not be able to sell it because everyone else flooded the market with their own hybrids!!!! Where do I sign up??? [;)]

Just kidding, mroyal. [:D]

But seriously, it will be interesting to see just how much people "care about the environment" and how many hybrid owners were simply "opportun-izing" (yes, I made that up...the dictionary throwers can get their sights off me now). [:)]

And I was just kidding to. But opportunizing (works for me) is the result of either loop-holes or planned incentives. This one was a planned incentive that now is under national consideration.
The bridge-bucks is a potential incentive. HOV is an incentive.

That is the point that keeps getting lost. We get caught up in the definitions (what is a clean fuel vehicle?) How do we manage these incentives so that it benefits the majority? How do we make the best decisions to move as much traffic as possible? How do we balance these decisions with environmental problems, and social problems, and political problems? How do we get re-elected? Therein lie the challenges. Sometimes they will get it right and sometime they will get it wrong. In either case, I feel no shame in abiding by the law as long as it falls within my personal ethics and moral values.
I think its quite right to voice your concerns and let your representatives know what you think.

And by the way, as a slugger, I have no doubt that I'm an opportunizer. I ride to work for free.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
k2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2004 at 11:24am
quote:
Originally posted by bowflexguy
[br]Hey I slug and pick people up in my Prius. Have I been in HOV by myself, yes but not very much. However, alot of slugs have been impressed with the car. I would recommend this car to anyone and slugs too. So I thought I would share my review since it is the car of the year. BTW I didn't spend $25k, I got mine for $21 minus $2 tax break = $19k not bad for a car that has a ton of tech built into it and is a Toyota. Yeah buy an american car and it's worth nothing two years later, buy a Toyota and it retains it value.

Does it destroy the HOV lanes? No, your looking at it the wrong way, it is an incentive for Americans to get off their butts and stop producing gas guzzlers like the 1970s. How else can we introduce a new technology and have people buy into it? Maybe instead of lobbying against hybrids in HOV maybe your efforts should be focused on bring better mass transit to the area???

I thought the Hybrids get a tax-deduction, not a credit. So you might save $2000 * (YOUR_TAX_RATE), or around $600. Right?

The NEW Prius is much nicer than the 2000-2003 model I think. If everyone drove a hybrid on HOV, that would be a major problem, but that won't happen. On the positive side, the Prius is incredibly clean, putting out vey little noxious emissions.

The Prius (and Civic hybrid, etc.) will still have value in 2 years.

I don't work for Toyota.

BTW, mass transit is still the best idea around. Imagine slugging in a huge clean vehicle, paying just a few dollars to get to work. It's called a bus or a train in other countries, and it seems to work pretty well. I know, ... I'm preaching to the choir, right?
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2004 at 1:47pm
quote:
Originally posted by JustWannaGetHome
[br]Mirangus I'm with you all the way on this. Why are these hybrid owners even on this Website??? If you're not slugging or picking up slugs we don't want your opinions! And we especially don't want any reviews of hybrid cars! Get off Slug-Lines.com and get your own Website...Freeloaders.com.

Where do you get off telling people they cant post here?? Last check we all have the right to post and express our ideas about slugging. In the last 10 years I have done it all when it comes to getting to DC for work. So along with every other person that reads this information we have to right to post our opinions!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic