Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rolling Valley Park n Ride

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rolling Valley Park n Ride
    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 at 4:22pm
In April most law firms in DC will be open, as well as some government agencies.  With that said, I think we all should start slugging again.  I am a slug and have been picked up at the Rolling Valley Park n Ride and see many military personnel catching rides to the Pentagon.  
DCGuy64 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCGuy64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2022 at 9:08am
I'm definitely interested in this, since I live near Rolling Valley and used to slug to work every day. I'd prefer to go to 18th in DC but would be happy with a Pentagon drop-off. Thanks! Smile
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 8:22am
Are cars stopping to pick people up?  I'd need a ride around 6:50ish

How do you get home?  The few times I've tried to pick up slugs at the Pentagon, there was no one there.
DCGuy64 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCGuy64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 8:26am
I haven't slugged in 2 years, so I don't know if anyone is lining up at RV. I normally commute to downtown DC, not the Pentagon, so I'm not sure the situation there. From what I've read on here, few, if any, people are lining up at the Pentagon in the afternoon. 
Alexis View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 12:20pm
The bus picks up at 8:13 and 8:28 I believe.  I have caught rides from Rolling Valley just before the bus comes around 8am.  I also see people taking the military to the Pentagon.  I have not seen slugging at the Pentagon yet.  So I take the 18P back to my car.
DCGuy64 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCGuy64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 3:21pm
I have to be at work in DC at 8 am sharp, so those times wouldn't work for me. I rarely take the 18P bus because it takes forever and I *still* have to Metro from Pentagon to my office, and with most lines operating only every 20 minutes, it's a non-starter. For me, slugging is as much about getting to work faster as it is about saving money. I'd be willing to slug from RV to Pentagon, but taking the bus takes WAY too long because it stops too much. 
Alexis View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 11:07am
I stood in the slug line this morning by myself at 8am.  A gentleman turned in, pulled up and said 18th Street which was exactly where i needed to go.  My lucky day!  He said he would pick up riders if he saw people in line.  I am going to stand in the slug line every day and hope for the best.  Worst case, it's the old 18P but i have to try.  Thanks. 
Alexis View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 4:46pm
I will try the pentagon this evening to slug back to rolling valley.
Alexis View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 6:59pm
I went to the pentagon today and again i was the only one in the burke line.  fortunately, someone from woodbridge was in a hurry to get home and picked me up.  it saved them money in the hot lanes and time in traffic.
Alexis View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 7:02pm
i was the only slug at Rolling Valley this morning but caught a ride at 8am to 18th Street.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic