Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

610 in Stafford

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonji27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 610 in Stafford
    Posted: 09 Jan 2004 at 2:59pm
I am new to the Stafford area, but have been in the DC metro area for a while. I am planning on becoming a new driver on the slug line as my job requires me to have my car with me. Could someone tell me approximately how long it takes to get to DC from 610? I work in DC on 14th St and begin working around 8 or 8:30. Thanks so much!
tulipgirl67 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulipgirl67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2004 at 11:21am
The drive from 610 to the Pentagon (which of course is not DC, but it is the route with which I am familiar) takes about 35 minutes. But, be aware that you can never be sure how long it will take to get slugs. Some mornings you can pull right up and get riders. Other mornings you may have to wait 15-20 minutes (rarely, though). So just be sure to pad in enough time in case you have to wait a few minutes for riders.

After 7:00 am, you will want to pick up slugs at the Mine Road lot. The other lot is full by then.
sharonji27 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonji27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2004 at 11:34am
Thanks so much for the info! I appreciate it a lot! [:)]
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2004 at 4:04pm
At what time in the AM do they start picking up Pentagon slugs at the 610 Mine Road Lot?
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2004 at 4:11pm
quote:
Originally posted by Arbo
[br]At what time in the AM do they start picking up Pentagon slugs at the 610 Mine Road Lot?

Usually about 7 AM. That is when the lot becomes full or passengers come at a trickled pace.

It's been working pretty well. It seems that more and more people are showing up at the Mine Road lot. Probably because they are finding that it's easier to get out of there in the evenings. It works especially well for those that are continuing south since you can just make the right hand turn onto Garrisonville from Salisbury, instead of waiting 3 traffic light evolutions before you can make a left.
jv View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2004 at 12:45pm
I've been able to get a ride at the Mine Road lot usually by 0630. Any earlier and you'll have to wait a bit. However, it does appear more and more people are starting to use it earlier given the previously mentioned ease of use for southbound drivers.
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2004 at 3:50pm
jv - where do you slug to?
bfhall View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfhall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2004 at 12:39pm
quote:
Originally posted by Arbo
[br]At what time in the AM do they start picking up Pentagon slugs at the 610 Mine Road Lot?

I just started slugging out of the Mine Rd lot after using the old lot for a couple of months. I get there around 6 AM. The first time I waited about five minutes. The second time I waited less than a minute to catch a ride to the Pentagon. For people living east of I-95 along Hwy 1 near Aquia, this lot is very convenient. It is much easier to get out of there in the afternoon and it is closer to home than the old lot. I caught a ride from the Pentagon the first time in less than a minute of waiting! I recommend riders and passengers living east or closer to the Mine Road lot go there rather than the old lot. I am sold! [:)]
spitla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spitla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2004 at 3:01pm
Hi,
I am moving to stafford near Mine rd lot. I work in Crystal city. Can you guys suggest me what would be the best time to get a ride to Crystal city/Pentagon and get a ride back to Mine rd lot. I am bit nervous about how the commute is going to be. I am living close to crystal city rt now. Thanks in advance.
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2004 at 3:48pm
quote:
Originally posted by spitla
[br]Hi,
I am moving to stafford near Mine rd lot. I work in Crystal city. Can you guys suggest me what would be the best time to get a ride to Crystal city/Pentagon and get a ride back to Mine rd lot. I am bit nervous about how the commute is going to be. I am living close to crystal city rt now. Thanks in advance.

People start filtering to the Mine Rd. lot around 0645-0700, when the Staffordshire lot fills up. You'll need to find out the availability of rides home from the Crystal City line, though. As far back as about three weeks ago, there still wasn't much of a market for Mine Road slugs or drivers. I started picking up at the Pentagon because I like the Mine Road destination in the evenings. Since last check, you're best two options are these: 1)Slug from Staffordshire before 0645 so you can use the CC line in the evenings, or 2)Slug from Mine Rd. and hop a shuttle to the Pentagon in the evenings.

But before you take my word for it, does anybody know how things are lately for Mine Rd passengers at the CC line in the evenings?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic