Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOV Rules

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dobbyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HOV Rules
    Posted: 04 Feb 2004 at 2:12pm
If I get on HOV at the Pentagon at 3:20pm and drive to Lake Ridge, do I have to exit the HOV lanes when it hits 3:30pm?
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2004 at 3:19pm
Yes.
bowflexguy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowflexguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2004 at 5:05pm
You don't have to but unless you don't want a ticket it's a good idea.
dobbyg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dobbyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2004 at 11:37am
I thought so but I wasn't sure. I would still see single drivers keep going once I would exit. I guess they were just taking a chance! Thanks for your responses.
bpgraham View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bpgraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2004 at 8:37am
According to VDOT if you don't get off by 3:30 i.e. youre still in between, lets say Springfield and Lorton you can and will be ticketed. I used to think that as long as you were past the last posible exit until Horner Road you were safe, not so any more. If you are caught in the HOV lanes anytime after the 3:30 deadline you are fair game for the police.
WoodbridgeSlug3451 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WoodbridgeSlug3451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2004 at 2:53pm
I see at least 10 Non-HOV pulled between the Pentagon and Horner every afternoon. So if you are think of cheating the HOV rule you are going to get ticketed. The cops are also waiting on the Off Ramps to pull Non-HOV's over too.

Slug-On
Mike
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2004 at 7:30am
A long-time driver explained it to us new slugs this way:
Virginia laws allow drivers with fewer occupants than the HOV requirement to use the HOV lanes (either HOV-3 or HOV-2) except when the HOV restriction hours are in effect. If we are using the HOV lanes in violation of the law when the restrictions go into effect, law enforcement views it as P2 planning on our part and will give us a ticket to commemorate our inability to plan our trips to be off the HOV lanes when the restrictions go into effect to allow bonafide HOV-compliant vehicles. Best thing for us drivers to do when we have fewer occupants than HOV requires is to plan our trips to be off the HOV lanes prior to the HOV restricted hours. Otherwise, we risk a ticket. If cutting it close, we can avoid a ticket completely by just picking up slugs. [:)]
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2004 at 9:46am
There is one thing that never fails to get a giggle out of me. The police sit at the off ramp at Woodbridge nearly every day. They've done this for quite some time (years, even). Yet people are STILL getting pulled over and ticketed. So much for Pavlov's dogs. [;)]
Juli View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2004 at 9:52am
Maybe this isn't the correct forum but I have a question. Is there a web site or a phone number I can access to complain about the lack of policing(spell?) of the HOV in the morning. I see the police all the time in the afternoon but never in the morning and it's absolute gridlock at 6:10 AM. Just to be legal and knowing people need rides, I will pick up as early as 5:30 AM. I get frustrated by all the singles clogging up the lanes and am willing to do what needs to be done to voice my dissatisfaction with the morning patrol. That sign that say's violaters will be ticketed at 6:00 Am just isn't true.
VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2004 at 12:11pm
Go get'em Juli [:0] We'll show them HO-Violators ![:D]!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic