Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Strange and Interesting Slug Rides

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strange and Interesting Slug Rides
    Posted: 06 Feb 2004 at 2:38pm
Usually I slug from Tacketts Mill around 6:15 each morning. This particular morning about 5-6 years ago, I entered a car where you could almost tell immediately something was wrong with the couple (husband/wife I suppose). I put on my headphones as I usually do and entered the vehicle. Just prior to Lorton the wife who was driving made some comment and the husband began a "hush-hush" tirade if you know what I mean. With my headphones, I couldn't tell what was said, just knew something obviously went off the charts all of a sudden. This tirade went on for a few miles and just at Landmark, the lady reached over and slapped the man up besides his head. Well, you can almost guess what I was thinking. I just wanted to get out cause I didn't know what was up. Anyway, with their bickering back and forth, the lady drove right past the Pentagon exit and on into town. Apparently amid the confusion she forgot I was in the back seat. I didn't say anything because I work in DC anyway and figured I would be even closer if they let me off at any Metro station. To make a long story short, they finally realized I was in the car when she pulled up at Union Station to drop the husband off. I tell this story because its twofold. (1) The fight was the first thing, because they made it so open, not caring if a stranger (me) was present or not; (2) Union Station is the stop I normally get off, so I actually ended up getting to work twenty minutes earlier than normal, without having to pay a metro fare. Sorry this was more than 50 words or characters.
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2004 at 6:03pm
Some of my interesting rides:

The one where a father was teaching his daughter how to drive on the HOV lane. (Didn't realize until we were on the road)

The driver repeatedly trying to "hit" on women in other cars with CD radios (many years ago)

Stretch limo that picked up 7 slugs from Potomac Mills

Running out of gas in the am.

Blown engine coming home near the Pentagon.

Three times (at least) where I had to shout "watch out!!" saving the driver and all of us from major accidents (Recommendation: Dont close your eyes while slugging)

Bob

Dragon_L8y View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragon_L8y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2004 at 10:10am
I've had a few interesting rides, but one that sticks in my mind:

I was going to 14th & Independence and a lady came and said she was going there, so I got in. Well, she drove me & the other passenger to 12th & Constitution. We knew something wasn't right since she took the SE/SW freeway at the last minute. We both said at the same time "what happened to 14th & Independence?" The driver just sat there without talking. We both got out and slammed our doors and preceeded to walk. Next day same lady shows up and yells at me to get in her car since I rode with her yesterday. No way I said and preceeded to tell everyone in line what happened the day before. Needless to say she didn't get any riders and yelled at me that I "shouldn't do that". I smiled and said "well I just did - you have a nice day now" and got into another vehicle that had pulled up behind her. Luckily I haven't seen her since!

Dragon_L8y
JohnsonSista View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnsonSista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2004 at 2:02pm
I was in a car with this young lady and another slugger and the driver had the radio blasted at 6:00 AM and on top of that she was on her cell phone. I guess she didn't want anyone to hear her conversation. Then when we get to the Pentagon, we both had to wait until she(the driver) open our door up because I guess it had a child safety lock on it. I think that is very dangerous. If there is an accident, how the heck am I and the other rider suppose to get out the vehicle. It's a safety issue and I think the drivers need to make sure the child safety lock is off.
pb1974 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2004 at 2:38pm
Hi Dragon_L8y...what lot was this at?

I made the mistake of riding with a woman from Hechinger's a couple of times who *said* she was going to 14th and Penn, yet she would always make an issue of traffic on 14th and would try to drop you off somewhere on Constitution. The day after the 2nd or 3rd time she did this to me (sometimes the line was such that I couldn't see what car it was when they yelled out the destination), she was the first car in line and there were no other sluggers. I put on my blinders and walked right past her car. Felt good to know that *she* knew I was passing on her ride!

quote:
Originally posted by Dragon_L8y
[br]I've had a few interesting rides, but one that sticks in my mind:

I was going to 14th & Independence and a lady came and said she was going there, so I got in. Well, she drove me & the other passenger to 12th & Constitution. We knew something wasn't right since she took the SE/SW freeway at the last minute. We both said at the same time "what happened to 14th & Independence?" The driver just sat there without talking. We both got out and slammed our doors and preceeded to walk. Next day same lady shows up and yells at me to get in her car since I rode with her yesterday. No way I said and preceeded to tell everyone in line what happened the day before. Needless to say she didn't get any riders and yelled at me that I "shouldn't do that". I smiled and said "well I just did - you have a nice day now" and got into another vehicle that had pulled up behind her. Luckily I haven't seen her since!

Dragon_L8y

mallslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mallslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2004 at 10:24pm
I had an "interesting" ride last summer in a black Mustang. I coincidentaly ended up riding to Rosslyn from Potomac with another woman I work with (we were the two passengers). Because of the quick conversation we had when she got in the car, the driver knew we worked together. The driver was really coming on to my co-worker (who is married), and she did her best to pretend to sleep during the ride. When we arrived in Rosslyn, the driver complimented my co-worker by saying "that's a nice skirt - it would look better on my bedroom floor." This guy had no way of knowing if I was her boss, or she was my boss, or whatever. And no matter what, it was SOOOO inappropriate. Luckily, neither my co-worker nor I have seen this car since then. Beware of smooth talkers in fast cars.

Karen
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2004 at 2:07pm
quote:
Originally posted by mallslug
[br]I had an "interesting" ride last summer in a black Mustang. I coincidentaly ended up riding to Rosslyn from Potomac with another woman I work with (we were the two passengers). Because of the quick conversation we had when she got in the car, the driver knew we worked together. The driver was really coming on to my co-worker (who is married), and she did her best to pretend to sleep during the ride. When we arrived in Rosslyn, the driver complimented my co-worker by saying "that's a nice skirt - it would look better on my bedroom floor." This guy had no way of knowing if I was her boss, or she was my boss, or whatever. And no matter what, it was SOOOO inappropriate. Luckily, neither my co-worker nor I have seen this car since then. Beware of smooth talkers in fast cars.

Karen

That is so unbelieveably disgusting. I would asked him if it would have looked as good as my fist in his crotch!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic