Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cell phones

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BROWNKW37VA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cell phones
    Posted: 10 Feb 2004 at 9:47am
What is the etiquette for using cell phones while slugging?
Vema View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2004 at 11:36am
The same as anywhere in public--Be courteous and use common sense. Don't carry on inane conversations in the car. It can be distracting to the driver and annoying to everyone. I think most people have no problem with a quick "Honey, I'm 15 minutes from the lot, can you pick me up?" type of thing, otherwise you have a trapped and unwilling audience - not very considerate. You also won't last long in the slugging system - word gets out. Thank goodness most people use common sense.
VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2004 at 12:21pm
I do believe you've opened Pandora's Box with that question. I'm sure you're going to get more thatn you asked for. [8D] Sit back and wait for them to start rolling in! [8)]
gsm View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2004 at 3:28pm
Vema's right. It's really rather simple. BE COURTEOUS. There are no rules, except common courtesy. If you need specifics on courtesy w/regards to cell phone use, don't use one. Sorry, I don't mean to sound snotty, but it seems like an awful silly question.
Hopeful View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopeful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2004 at 10:11pm
Well then here is another silly one- What about when you bring a book and want to read but the driver wants to chitchat, possibly even hit on you?

Is a "I'd rather not talk, if you don't mind" rude? It's not that I'm ungrateful for the ride, but not necessairly in the mood.
VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2004 at 6:54am
I suggest a polite "I haven't been into a book like this in a long time. Can't wait to finish this chapter." [:D]
argentinian_belle View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote argentinian_belle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2004 at 1:52pm

quote:
Originally posted by Hopeful
[br]Well then here is another silly one- What about when you bring a book and want to read but the driver wants to chitchat, possibly even hit on you?

Is a "I'd rather not talk, if you don't mind" rude? It's not that I'm ungrateful for the ride, but not necessairly in the mood.

Keep reading and hope he or she will take the hint.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic