Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Closest slug line to MCI center?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopeful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Closest slug line to MCI center?
    Posted: 18 Feb 2004 at 6:39am
I have to begin commuting from Lakeridge/Woodbridge to the MCI Center area/Chinatown soon... What are my options? Can I avoid Metro entirely???
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2004 at 4:32pm
If you get someone to drop you somewhere along 14th Street, like 14th & G or 14th & H, walking is almost as fast as the Metro. I walk over to MCI from my office all the time and it takes maybe ten minutes tops; by the time you go down to the platform, wait for the train, ride two blocks (that's all it is from Metro Center to Gallery Place), get off, wait in line at the faregates, and go back up, you could have walked it.
Hopeful View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopeful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2004 at 7:04pm
Thanks! Another question---Is what folks refer to as the Horner Rd. Commuter lot the big one that's off the PW Pkwy HOV?
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2004 at 8:41am
quote:
Originally posted by Hopeful
[br]Thanks! Another question---Is what folks refer to as the Horner Rd. Commuter lot the big one that's off the PW Pkwy HOV?

I believe so (I live in Kingstowne, east of Springfield, so I don't use that lot). Before they built the Prince William Parkway that exit was for Horner Road, so the name stuck.
tlschau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2004 at 2:01pm
I have a similar commute every morning. Walking is one option, but I usually as the driver if they are turning right on whatever street they are going to. If they say yes, then I ask them how far they are going and if they can drop me off to where ever they are going. You'd be surprised at where a driver is actually going, sometimes it may be right next to where you are going.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic