Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Fairfax Bus Plan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gac1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Fairfax Bus Plan
    Posted: 18 Feb 2004 at 10:54am
I posted this in the Coordinating Rides Forum, but I thought this might spark some discussion over here too...

If you ride the 383, 384 or 385, this message is for you. Check out the Fairfax Coutny Bus Plan at <> Those bus lines are being modified (among others!) to delete the 383 and 384, and reroute the 385. The new route 380 will originate at Lorton VRE, swing thru the Lorton Park & Ride, then get on HOV to the PEntagon. Ridership on the 380 is supposed to include former 384 and 383 customers. A circuitous local route, 321, is supposed to get you to the VRE to start your commute. The 385 is no longer going thru neighbohoods south of South Run, but originating at the Sydenstricker lot, thru a new lot at Gambrills, then on to HOV & Pentagon.
I see the potential for starting a line at Lorton Park & Ride, and increasing 2-way slug ridership to the Lorton VRE, Sydenstricker and Mobil Station. Fairfax Connector had a huge fare increase this past summer, now they're deleting some heavily used bus routes. I say use up their parking in Lorton and steal their riders. Who's with me?

Springfield Oaks 22153

Springfield Oaks 22153
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic