Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fredericksburg/Route 17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fredericksburg/Route 17
    Posted: 26 Apr 2002 at 12:14pm
I am going to be relocating to the Fredericksburg area near the Route 17 slug line and was wondering if anyone could give a good synopsis as to what time(s) cars start to make pick ups in the morning, and what time(s) are jam packed with riders looking for rides? I'd like to assess the time necessary to be out there while minimizing problems in waiting. Is this a popular, well-used location, or is it iffy? Thanks!

Kevin O.
USA1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2002 at 9:27am
I am interested in the same answer. Please let me know.

Thanks

S
dambam View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dambam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2002 at 2:23pm
I've been picking up slugs at the Rt 17 lot for about a month at 5:15 in the morning and drop off at the Pentagon. There are usually around 5-8 people in line with no waiting to pick up slugs.

kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2002 at 1:19pm
quote:

I am interested in the same answer. Please let me know.

Thanks

S

Well, I've started using the Rt. 17 slug line for a couple of days now, and a realistic time for me to be at the line without getting up too early is around 6am. Don't be afraid of the 20+ people you'll see in line ahead of you...it moves quickly. However, I'm partial to going to L'Enfant Plaza, and there seems to be a shortage of drivers for that locale...at least at the time I'm speaking of (6-6:30am)

Kevin O.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic