Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sexual Assault at Horner Road?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sexual Assault at Horner Road?
    Posted: 28 Feb 2004 at 6:20am
I recently received an email regarding a sexual assault at the Horner Road commuter lot. Although the report was unconfirmed, it does bring up a good point. Slugs should be vigilant when walking to/from their cars.

In the hours of darkness, drivers should consider dropping off a single slugs close to their car. In the case of Horner Road, the distance from the normal drop off point to the edge of the commuter lot is probably 150 yards and bordered by woods. I know this may sound like "curbside" service but I'm talking special cases - at night, single female, parked at the far edge of the lot.

Just be careful...
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2004 at 9:07am
Rids in the described group: special cases - at night, single female, parked at the far edge of the lot, should feel free ask. Lets hope others outside that group do not abuse it.

Cheers,

Glacier
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2004 at 9:09am
Umm, that would be riders, wireless keyboard strikes again.

Cheers,

Glacier
cin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2004 at 1:24pm
Most drivers and sluggers do not access this website so they probably don't even know about this unless people talk about it during their commute to or from work. Let's just hope the drivers are willing to drop us females off by our cars (at night, single female, parked near the woods/edge of lot) because this is a scary thing. Fortunately, I'm usually with another coworker and we walk together, but there are those times when I'm by myself. I guess even with all the people going in and out of the lot, it still doesn't deter someone from doing something so awful. I hope they catch whoever it was!!!!
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2004 at 1:10pm
I hope they catch whomever it was as well. I believe any driver will drop off a single rider at their vehicles during the hours of darkness. Maybe this incident might make a case for patrols more frequently around commuter parking lots.
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2004 at 4:08pm
You know, this is really sad. I really hope that that one case is an isolated incident and not a growing trend. It would mean the end of an era. Where everyone felt safe in slugging and there were no incidents of this kind of indecency. Be safe everyone, sounds like it's time to grow some eyeballs behind the head. [:(]
LittleJohnG View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleJohnG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2004 at 3:44pm
Hi all,

I saw this post and it fit in with what I wanted to warn you about. My friend just told me yesterday that last Thursday she thinks she got stalked at the Horner Rd. lot.

It was about 7p.m., and she'd been dropped off in the first lot. She noticed that there was this pickup truck cruising in a zigzag pattern across the lot, as if the driver were making sure no one was in their cars. He circled the lot about 8 times, then he drove over to her and asked if she needed a ride. She told him three times, "no" and he only left after he realized that she was on her cellphone and a couple other people had shown up in the lot.

Anyway, it totally freaked her out. Here's her description of the vehicle:

Make: Mercedes (a newer one, 2003 model)
Color: Dark Blue/Black
Windows: Tinted
Tag number: Virginia plate XZK-7041

I'm not sure if this is the same incident that Admin got emailed about, but I wanted to add this in so people could be wary.

All the best,

LittleJohnG

PSMITH4780 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSMITH4780 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2004 at 4:26pm
"...pickup truck cruising in a zigzag pattern across the lot...",

"...Make: Mercedes (a newer one, 2003 model)
Color: Dark Blue/Black
Windows: Tinted
Tag number: Virginia plate XZK-7041..."

A mercedes pickup truck?
PSMITH4780 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSMITH4780 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2004 at 12:31pm
"Just goes to show that you can't believe everything you read." I agree! And I feel sorry for whoever it is that drives that Mercedes....someone really has a grudge against them!
LittleJohnG View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleJohnG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2004 at 4:58pm
Yep. Mercedes pickup. At least that's what she said. I'll ask her again. Maybe I got it wrong. She had to take a bus home that night and got to the lot about 7p.m. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers, I was just posting the info for her.

Peace,

LittleJohnG
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic