Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Springfield Metro Station to Points South

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Springfield Metro Station to Points South
    Posted: 03 Mar 2004 at 12:11pm
Is there any type of afternoon slug line at the Springfield MetroRail Station for points in PW, Stafford, and Spotsy counties? Reason for asking is we noticed a long line of cars each with 3 or 4 occupants waiting to make a left turn from the Franconia-Springfield Parkway onto the southbound HOV ramp at about 5:15 yesterday afternoon. Several of those cars in that line came from the Metro Station because we followed them out of the station onto the parkway after we picked up a friend at the Metro Station. Maybe those cars were all carpools -- but if there is a slug line at the Metro Station, it could be another option for slugs south of Springfield to get home in the afternoon. [:)]
tlschau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2004 at 2:05pm
I slug and, on occasion, take the metro to Franconia-Springfield when I work late and I have never seen a slug line at the metro. It seems more logical that these are probably carpools of people who work at places not located near major commuter routes. But keep your eyes open, because you never know where a slug line will pop up next.
sharonji27 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonji27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2004 at 8:42am
I think a slug line at Franconia Springfield would be great! I drive in most days and pick up slugs. But frequently am in PG County for work and then have to take the regular lanes south! I wonder if there are others who could pick up there?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic